DNA code for human brain neurons

In summary: Of course it does. However, the functional organization of any adult brain is a complex interplay between genetic and epigentic processes. I'm actually writing a paper right now that attempts to relate the adaptive evolution of certain microcephaly related brain genes to human brain/cognitive evolution. Here are a few papers I've come across so far in my preparatory research that may be of interest to you:
Rahul Mohan P
Hello;
First of all I apologize in advance if I make any wrong quotes as I am a Mech engineering and has nothing to do with biology and DNA. I wish to know the entire code or the program of the DNA structure in human brain. As I understood DNA is made up of Adenine, thymine, cytosine and guanine, four nucleotides, I want to know the combination of these codes in human neurons.

Biology news on Phys.org
Rahul Mohan P said:
First of all I apologize in advance if I make any wrong quotes as I am a Mech engineering and has nothing to do with biology and DNA. I wish to know the entire code or the program of the DNA structure in human brain. As I understood DNA is made up of Adenine, thymine, cytosine and guanine, four nucleotides, I want to know the combination of these codes in human neurons.

That's very interesting. What do you plan to do with or understand with "the combination of these codes in human neurons."

The entire human genome is available here. Somewhere in there is the code that builds a human brain. Now the trick is to decode it...

Likes Rahul Mohan P
phyzguy said:
The entire human genome is available here. Somewhere in there is the code that builds a human brain. Now the trick is to decode it...
Or you could take a sample of your own brain and build a spare, in case anything happens to the original ...

phyzguy said:
Thank You Phyzguy

DiracPool said:
That's very interesting. What do you plan to do with or understand with "the combination of these codes in human neurons."
I want to know DNA has anything to do with the working of neurons which help us to feel the world

Rahul Mohan P said:
I want to know DNA has anything to do with the working of neurons which help us to feel the world

Of course it does. However, the functional organization of any adult brain is a complex interplay between genetic and epigentic processes. I'm actually writing a paper right now that attempts to relate the adaptive evolution of certain microcephaly related brain genes to human brain/cognitive evolution. Here are a few papers I've come across so far in my preparatory research that may be of interest to you:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/a-missing-genetic-link-in-human-evolution/
http://mbe.oxfordjournals.org/content/31/3/594.long
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4315316/pdf/1755-8794-8-S1-S4.pdf
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3196496/pdf/pbio.1001179.pdf
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3c4TxciNeJZcHg4ek9nWDZGcWs/view?pref=2&pli=1

Likes Ryan_m_b
Remember that cells contain all of our genetic code the important thing is which ones are switched on and off and when. There are quite a lot of different cell types that make up the brain, but neither the individual cells or the whole organ can operate independently of the body. So in itself the question doesn't really take you very far.

Likes Rahul Mohan P

1. What is the role of DNA in the development of human brain neurons?

DNA contains the genetic information that determines the structure and function of human brain neurons. It provides instructions for the formation of proteins, which are essential for the growth and maintenance of neurons.

2. How does DNA code for human brain neurons?

DNA is made up of four chemical bases - adenine, thymine, guanine, and cytosine - which form a unique sequence that codes for specific amino acids. This sequence is transcribed into RNA, which then directs the production of proteins that make up neurons.

3. Can DNA mutations affect the development of human brain neurons?

Yes, DNA mutations can cause changes in the amino acid sequence, which can alter the structure and function of proteins. This can lead to abnormal development or function of brain neurons.

4. Is the DNA code for human brain neurons the same in all individuals?

No, there are slight variations in the DNA sequence among individuals, which can result in differences in brain neuron development and function. These variations are responsible for the uniqueness of each individual.

5. Can environmental factors influence the expression of DNA code for human brain neurons?

Yes, environmental factors such as nutrition, exposure to toxins, and stress can affect the expression of genes that code for human brain neurons. This can lead to changes in the development and functioning of neurons.