Does anyone know where i can find good physics problems

In summary, the conversation discusses the difficulty of homework and tests in physics 12 and asks for recommendations on websites or books with challenging problems in topics such as kinematics, dynamics, and work and energy. Some suggestions include Hyperphysics and the book "Problems in General Physics" by I.E. Irodov, which focuses on conceptual understanding.
aefre
Hi, I am going into physics 12 and my teachers homework is nothing like the test. the homework is easy and the test are hard. Does anyone of you guys know websites where i can find challenging problems for physics 12. (Kinematics, Dynamics, Work and energy..?)

Physics news on Phys.org
aefre said:
Hi, I am going into physics 12 and my teachers homework is nothing like the test. the homework is easy and the test are hard. Does anyone of you guys know websites where i can find challenging problems for physics 12. (Kinematics, Dynamics, Work and energy..?)

Welcome to the PF -- maybe check out the Example Problems at Hyperphysics:

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/hph.html

:smile:

I don't know of websites, but a good book I CAN recommend for elementary Physics problems, it has plenty of problems of all kinds, definitely worth a try imo:

I. E. Irodov Problems in General Physics 1988

www.learnerds.com

It currently focuses on concept questions to help solidify conceptual understanding, which makes challenging questions easier to approach.

Last edited:

I would recommend looking for resources from reputable educational institutions or organizations such as universities or physics societies. These resources often have a wide range of physics problems at different levels of difficulty. Additionally, you can also look for textbooks or study guides specifically designed for physics 12 that have practice problems and solutions. It may also be helpful to seek guidance from your teacher or classmates for additional resources or practice problems. Remember, practicing a variety of problems is key to mastering any subject, so don't be afraid to challenge yourself and try problems that may seem difficult at first. Good luck in your studies!

Related to Does anyone know where i can find good physics problems

1. What types of physics problems can I find?

There are a variety of physics problems available, including those related to mechanics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, optics, and more.

2. Where can I find these physics problems?

You can find physics problems in textbooks, online resources, or by creating your own problems based on real-world scenarios.

3. Are there any specific websites that offer good physics problems?

Yes, there are several websites that offer a wide range of physics problems, such as Physics Classroom, Khan Academy, and Physics Stack Exchange.

4. How can I determine if a physics problem is good?

A good physics problem should be challenging, relevant to real-world situations, and have a clear solution that can be verified. It should also require the use of critical thinking and problem-solving skills.

5. Can solving physics problems help improve my understanding of the subject?

Absolutely! Solving physics problems can help you apply theoretical concepts to real-world situations and strengthen your understanding of the subject. It also allows you to practice problem-solving skills that are essential in the field of physics.