Does matter accumulate in Earth's gravity well?

In summary: Earth's gravity will end up on Earth or maybe in orbitSummary:In summary, matter accumulates into the gravity well of the Earth over time, but there is no evidence to suggest this has any harmful effects on the sun.
I got it now, I've been misled my whole life in thinking in a Cartesian plane.

One other question, as the OP originated from a question about entanglement in QM.

Is the plane on which a QM entanglement occurring always planar to the other entangled state? Possibly better stated in Hilbert space?

Astronomy news on Phys.org
TimeSkip said:
Is the plane on which a QM entanglement occurring always planar to the other entangled state? Possibly better stated in Hilbert space?
Totally unrelated.

New question = new thread. And it should be posted in the Quantum Physics forum.

Likes davenn and Tom.G
DaveC426913 said:
Visualizing gravitational curvature...

(2D) wrong:
View attachment 278911

(3D) better:
View attachment 278909
The deepest part of the well is at the centre of the Earth, and the curvature extends spherically and 3-dimensionally symmetrical in all directions from the centre.But no mere diagram can really capture what's happening, even the above one. You really need to read up a little on it. It's not that hard to get your head around.
The second image starting me wondering if I could go one better. Here's what I ended up with; the 3D representation of a gravity well as an animation with the Earth entering from the right of the frame and exiting to the left. I looped it 4 times for the YouTube video.
https://youtu.be/5Ye3MJ7czYg

• Informative
Likes Dragrath, DaveC426913 and Drakkith
Vanadium 50 said:
Source please?
Source please?

I have never been to Antarctica. I did watch a nice documentary called "march of the penguins" with my wife a few years ago. The video footage of the penguins huddling in the dark included some shots of intense Aurorae. I'm not sure but I somehow got the impression that the aurorae were used as the light source for some of the penguin documentation. There were also direct photos of the sky with aurorae. No way to tell how frequently it occurs since a photographer hanging out with penguins in the dark probably does not have a whole lot of alternatives to photographing an aurora.

Quick youtube search has this time lapse video. Obviously could be cherry picking. The implication is that Antarctica has aurora all night long and it is typically brighter than the Milky Way.

Canadians never see the Aurora Australis. Australians never see the Aurora Borealis.