Does the Density of a Portable Cloud in a Bottle Depend on Pressure?

• B
  • Thread starter fizzyfiz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cloud
In summary, a man created a cloud in a bottle on YouTube and the density of the cloud depends on the pressure and expansion inside the bottle. To measure and change the density, one can measure the amount of light passing through or the length traveled through the cloud. However, the assumption is that the density is consistent throughout the cloud and repeatability is a concern.
fizzyfiz
I met an experiment on youtube, where a man creates a cloud in a bottle. Do density of such cloud depends on pressure inside the bottle before opening? If yes, how?Here is a link!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
In general: Yes, but not necessarily with a nice simple formula. The amount of vapor won't depend on the pressure, but the expansion and corresponding temperature change will.

Have you got an idea, how to measure and change cloud density? I need this for my physics experiment

If it is not too thick: Measure the amount of light that passes through?

mfb said:
If it is not too thick: Measure the amount of light that passes through?
That is the meaning of my experiment. I will measure the light passing through cloud depending on density of cloud, but I don't know how to measure density

Well, it is a density measurement...
If you need a second parameter you could use the length traveled through the cloud. That is easier to control than droplet density.

It might be good idea, the only assumption is that density of cloud is the same in all parts

Should be a pretty good assumption (and one you can check, too). Repeatability is another concern.

1. What is a portable cloud in a bottle?

A portable cloud in a bottle is a small, hand-held device that creates a miniaturized version of a cloud inside a bottle.

2. How does a portable cloud in a bottle work?

A portable cloud in a bottle works by using a combination of water, air, and pressure to create a cloud-like formation inside the bottle. The device typically has a pump or valve that allows the user to control the amount of air and pressure inside the bottle, which affects the formation of the cloud.

3. What is the purpose of a portable cloud in a bottle?

The purpose of a portable cloud in a bottle is to demonstrate the process of cloud formation in a simple and interactive way. It can also be used as a teaching tool for weather and science education.

4. Can a portable cloud in a bottle create real clouds?

No, a portable cloud in a bottle cannot create real clouds. It only creates a small, temporary cloud-like formation inside the bottle.

5. Is a portable cloud in a bottle safe to use?

Yes, a portable cloud in a bottle is safe to use as long as it is used according to the instructions provided by the manufacturer. However, it is important to avoid inhaling the contents of the bottle, as it may contain chemicals or other substances that could be harmful.