Does this physics textbook include these topics?

In summary, the physics book linked below covers mechanics, kinetic theory and thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, waves and optics, and modern physics. The corresponding chapters for each topic are listed in the table of contents, but it is rare for a course to cover all of these topics from one textbook.
WILL ZHANG
Hey guys. I was wondering if this physics book linked below includes these following topics:
mechanics, kinetic theory and thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, waves and optics, and modern physics

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0321625927/?tag=pfamazon01-20

You can view the table of contents by previewing, or here are the titles of the chapter if it helps:

https://www.giancolianswers.com/giancoli-physics-7th-edition-chapters

I'm completely new to physics so I can't really tell for myself. I just want to make sure this textbook covers everything that I'll be learning next year. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
WILL ZHANG said:
Hey guys. I was wondering if this physics book linked below includes these following topics:
mechanics,
Chapters 1-11
kinetic theory and thermodynamics,
Chapters 13-15
electricity and magnetism,
Chapters 16-22
waves and optics,
Chapters 11-12, 22-25
and modern physics
Chapters 26-33

By the way, it's rare for any course to cover all the topics in a textbook, even at the college/university level.

1. What topics are included in this physics textbook?

The topics included in this physics textbook may vary depending on the edition and the specific subject matter. However, most physics textbooks cover topics such as mechanics, thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, optics, and modern physics.

2. Does this physics textbook cover advanced topics?

It depends on what is considered "advanced" as this can vary from person to person. However, most physics textbooks include a range of topics from introductory to more advanced concepts. It is best to check the table of contents or consult with a professor to determine if the textbook covers the topics you are looking for.

3. Are there any specific topics that are not covered in this physics textbook?

Without knowing the specific textbook in question, it is difficult to say for certain. However, most physics textbooks cover a broad range of topics, so it is likely that any specific topic you are looking for will be included. If you are looking for a particular topic, it is best to check the table of contents or consult with a professor.

4. Can I use this physics textbook for a specific course or exam?

It depends on the course or exam and the requirements set by the instructor or exam board. It is best to check with the instructor or exam board to ensure that the textbook is appropriate for the specific course or exam.

5. Are there any resources or tools included in this physics textbook?

Most physics textbooks include additional resources or tools such as practice problems, online resources, or study guides. It is best to check the publisher's website or the textbook's accompanying materials to see what additional resources are included.