Don't you love typing words correctly

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Love
In summary, the conversation involved multiple individuals discussing their spelling abilities and difficulties, with some expressing pride in correctly spelling challenging words and others admitting to struggling with spelling as they get older. There was also a discussion about typing phonetically and how it can come out of nowhere, as well as an observation about the use of autocorrect and its potential for causing trouble. One individual disabled their visitor message wall because of obnoxious individuals, and there was a mention of a potential "Pengy spam filter." The conversation also turned to the topic of a thesis on quantum gravity and the difficulty of spelling elusive words. Finally, there was a humorous exchange about the use of autocorrect and difficulties with spelling in general.
Pengwuino
Gold Member
Man, I'm so smrt. I just typed 'gargantuan' in a thread I made and I typed it correctly the first time! Do you guys ever feel super cool when you type a word that you're not even sure how it's spelled and you do it right the first go around? Man, I feel awesome. I can do anything!

Are my threads getting more and more meaningless as I get older? Or is this how people generally talk when they're up to 5am working on their thesis.

But really! That was pretty badass, I typed it, no red underline thingy, and BOOM. WIN.

I love you all.

DISCUSS!

Lawls, someone said geodisk instead of geodesic earlier today. That was great.

Physics news on Phys.org
Piker. :rolleyes:

Try it with "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious."

Eye no aye shur dew.

Jimmy Snyder said:
Eye no aye shur dew.

Um... what does it mean? :confused:

GregJ said:
Um... what does it mean? :confused:

Sound it out :)

Pengwuino said:
Sound it out :)

Aha! Looks so easy now :blushing:

I was originally trying to read it with a Scottish accent to make sense of it (don't know why though...) :D

GregJ said:
Aha! Looks so easy now :blushing:

I was originally trying to read it with a Scottish accent to make sense of it (don't know why though...) :D

Maybe you misread the poster's name as Jimmy McSnyder.

Pengwuino said:
Man, I'm so smrt.

irony.jpg

(Source: http://www.dadwagon.com/2010/01/13/making-it-up-as-i-go-along-merrily-rowing/irony/)

lisab said:
Maybe you misread the poster's name as Jimmy McSnyder.
Well, the family is from Minsk which is not that far from Scotland in the larger view.

FlexGunship said:
irony.jpg

(Source: http://www.dadwagon.com/2010/01/13/making-it-up-as-i-go-along-merrily-rowing/irony/)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcGQpjCztgA

I am always happy when I get "neighbourhood" right.

Wait, why is the spellchecker weird?

lisab said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcGQpjCztgA

Touche, internet.

FlexGunship said:
Touche, internet.

Internet has won again.

I do LOVE getting words right, but my figners feel otherwise.

Yyessss! I luv tipeing werds coreckly!

The older I get the more I find myself typing phonectically. :redface:

Evo said:

Me too! It's so strange, it comes out of nowhere...suddenly "hear" becomes "heer". Yikes.

lisab said:
Me too! It's so strange, it comes out of nowhere...suddenly "hear" becomes "heer". Yikes.

I tend to make this type of mistake with greater relative frequency when I type than when I write longhand cursively.

Pengwuino said:
Man, I'm so smrt.

»it's smart smarty.

Edit: yeah that was funny

Pengwuino said:
Are my threads getting more and more meaningless as I get older? Or is this how people generally talk when they're up to 5am working on their thesis.
I think you already know the answer to that one Peng. BTW. What is the subject of your thesis ?

Rhody...

rhody said:
I think you already know the answer to that one Peng. BTW. What is the subject of your thesis ?

Rhody...

QUANTUM GRAVITY MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHA

by the way, why don't you have a visitor message wall. I wanted to spam you and I couldn't.

sadface.

Peng Peng...back away from the thesis. They should stop serving thesis at 3 am

Pengwuino said:

by the way, why don't you have a visitor message wall. I wanted to spam you and I couldn't.

sadface.
GASP! He has disabled VM's!

GET HIM!

Not nearly as much as when I type autocorrectly (*@&!& iPhone)

HeLiXe said:
Peng Peng...back away from the thesis. They should stop serving thesis at 3 am

Rawr. GIMME THESIS.

Evo said:
GASP! He has disabled VM's!

GET HIM!

Evo, you have the power to stop this. MAKE HIM LET US VM HIM!

Thesi are ellusive beasts, I have one materializing around here somewhere

Pengwuino said:

sadface.

I disabled it precisely because of obnoxious educated ones like you. Hey Greg, can we make a special Pengy spam filter ?

Rhody...

Evo said:

Doesn't everyone do that for the most part?

lisab said:

You think you have a problem along those lines?

I've just bought myself a new computer, which has this stupid "auto-spell" system which actually substitutes words for the words I'd originally intended!

This has actually gotten me into trouble on other fora.

Pythagorean said:
Thesi are ellusive beasts

:rofl:

I used to be a terrific speller. Can't spell for crap, these days. If it weren't for the spell-checker built into my browser...

1. Why is it important to type words correctly?

Typing words correctly is important because it ensures clear and effective communication. Incorrectly spelled words can lead to confusion and misunderstandings, which can be detrimental in professional and academic settings.

2. How can typing words correctly improve my writing?

When you type words correctly, it shows attention to detail and professionalism in your writing. It also allows readers to focus on the content of your writing rather than being distracted by spelling errors.

3. What are some common mistakes people make when typing words?

Some common mistakes people make when typing words include misspelling words, using incorrect punctuation, and typing words in the wrong order. These mistakes can be easily avoided by proofreading and using spell check.

4. How can I improve my typing skills to type words correctly?

Practicing regularly and using online typing exercises can help improve your typing skills. Additionally, learning proper finger placement and using keyboard shortcuts can also help increase typing accuracy.

5. Is it okay to use abbreviations or shortcuts when typing?

It is generally not recommended to use abbreviations or shortcuts when typing, especially in formal writing. This can lead to confusion and may not be understood by all readers. It is best to type out words in full to ensure clear communication.