Earth-Like Planet orbits Sun-Like Star

In summary, NASA announced the discovery of a new planet, Kepler-452b, which is estimated to be approximately 1300 light years away. Its properties were determined through spectral analysis of its effects on the light from its star. A comparison was made to last week's news of the fly-by of Pluto, which took 4.5 light hours and 7.5 years to reach. Roughly, it would take a craft traveling at the same rate to reach Kepler-452b about 19 million years to arrive. The immense distances involved in space travel are a key factor to consider.
Quotidian
That, anyway, is the headline in today's news, regarding the interesting discovery announced by NASA overnight of the planet dubbed Kepler-452b.

As I understand it, the properties of the planet are inferred from spectral analysis of its effects on the light from the star which it orbits.

However my question is more - well - quotidian. Last week's astronomical news was the fly-by of Pluto (an amazing achievement, I hasten to add) by a craft that had taken nearly ten years to reach its destination. The signals were then taking about 4.5 hours to reach earth; in other words, the craft was 4.5 light-hours away.

If such a craft were to travel at the same rate to Kepler-452b, how long would it take to arrive?

Astronomy news on Phys.org
The discovered planet is approximately 1300 light years away.
Pluto is 4.5 light hours away, and New Horizons took 7.5 years to get to it.
There are of course many variables which can be argued about, but very roughly that works at about 19 million years I think.

Likes Dr.Physics
Right! That is the kind of ball-park figure that I thought it might be. It just helps to get an idea of the immense distances involved.

1. How common are Earth-like planets orbiting Sun-like stars?

Recent studies estimate that about 1 in 5 Sun-like stars have Earth-sized planets in their habitable zones, meaning they could potentially support life.

2. What factors influence the habitability of an Earth-like planet?

The distance from the star, the size and composition of the planet, the presence of water and other essential elements, and the stability of its orbit are all important factors that contribute to the habitability of an Earth-like planet.

3. Can an Earth-like planet have a different orbit than Earth?

Yes, Earth-like planets can have a range of orbits around Sun-like stars. Some may be closer or further away from the star, resulting in different lengths of a year, while others may have more elliptical orbits.

4. How does the orbit of an Earth-like planet affect its climate?

The Earth's orbit is slightly elliptical, which results in seasonal changes. Similarly, the orbit of an Earth-like planet can impact its climate. Factors such as the tilt of the planet's axis and the composition of its atmosphere can also play a role in determining its climate.

5. Could an Earth-like planet have multiple suns in its solar system?

Yes, it is possible for an Earth-like planet to have multiple suns in its solar system. This is known as a "binary star system" and has been observed in other planetary systems. However, the presence of multiple suns could also affect the planet's orbit and climate.