Ebola Virus Disease: Mechanism of infection

In summary, the conversation discusses the search for information on the mechanism of ebolavirus infection in the body. The speaker mentions the difficulty in finding clear information and asks for help in understanding the virus. A source is shared that explains how ebolavirus is normally transmitted and its ability to overwhelm the immune system. The speaker expresses gratitude for the source, which was previously overlooked.
Gwenaelle
I have looked in a lot of different websites for a explanation of the mechanism of the ebolavirus to infect our body: how it avoid our immunology system, what it exactly change from our DNA and the consequences in the body. I didn't found a clear information, can someone help me to understand ebola?

Biology news on Phys.org
Thanks! I had seen before that website but I thought it was only general information, I realize I was wrong.

1. What is the mode of transmission for Ebola Virus Disease?

The Ebola virus is primarily transmitted through direct contact with bodily fluids of an infected person, such as blood, saliva, or vomit. It can also be transmitted through contact with contaminated objects, such as needles or medical equipment.

2. How does the Ebola virus infect the body?

The Ebola virus enters the body through mucous membranes, breaks in the skin, or through injection. It then targets immune cells and begins to replicate, causing damage to blood vessels and organs.

3. Can Ebola be spread through the air?

No, Ebola cannot be spread through the air like a respiratory illness such as the flu. It requires direct contact with bodily fluids to be transmitted.

4. What are the symptoms of Ebola Virus Disease?

The symptoms of Ebola can include fever, headache, muscle pain, weakness, fatigue, vomiting, diarrhea, and unexplained bleeding or bruising. These symptoms can appear 2-21 days after exposure.

5. How is Ebola Virus Disease treated?

Currently, there is no specific treatment for Ebola. However, supportive care, such as maintaining fluid levels and blood pressure, can improve the chances of survival. Experimental treatments and vaccines are also being developed and tested.