Effect of Collimated lens on Gauss Beam

In summary, the conversation is about the effect of a collimated lens on a Gaussian beam propagation. The person is asking for equations and plans to use them in Matlab. There is some confusion about the term "collimated lens" and the group is trying to clarify the question. It is determined that the person wants to know how a collimated Gaussian beam is affected after passing through a lens.
ezgie
Hello everyone,

I am trying to find effect of collimated lens on gaussian beam propagation. Do you know how to solve that? I need any equations ,then going to use them via matlab.

Thanks

Science news on Phys.org
Hello Ezgie, :welcome:

I know about a collimator or a collimating lens to get a collimated beam (nice word for parallel beam), but what is a collimated lens ? Could you elaborate a bit on what it is you want to calculate ?

Hello BvU,

Thanks for interesting.I am trying to find how collimated lens does affect on gauss beam waist? I mean also intensity. P.S: beam goes to infinity so f is infinity.

It's a problem with the language. If I understand her correctly, she probably wants to ask how a collimated Gaussian beam is affected after passing through a lens.

Yes but l need any equations.

Probably, but Ezgie has to tell us (she looks different alll of a sudden ?) , hence my post #2.

It is collimating/expanding not parallel.

Related to Effect of Collimated lens on Gauss Beam

1. What is a collimated lens?

A collimated lens is a type of lens that is designed to produce parallel rays of light. It is often used in laser systems to create a beam with a uniform diameter and low divergence.

2. How does a collimated lens affect a Gauss beam?

A collimated lens can improve the quality of a Gauss beam by reducing its divergence. This results in a more focused and intense beam with a smaller spot size at a distance.

3. Can a collimated lens change the shape of a Gauss beam?

No, a collimated lens does not change the shape of a Gauss beam. It only affects its divergence and intensity.

4. What factors can affect the effectiveness of a collimated lens on a Gauss beam?

The effectiveness of a collimated lens on a Gauss beam can be affected by the quality and type of lens used, the wavelength of the beam, the beam diameter, and the distance between the lens and the beam source.

5. What are the benefits of using a collimated lens on a Gauss beam?

Using a collimated lens can result in a more focused and intense beam, making it useful for applications such as laser cutting, drilling, and material processing. It also allows for a longer working distance and better beam stability.