Electric engine for car vs Electric Engine for Drone

In summary, both types of engines use magnets, a stator and rotor, and an ignition coil. The electric engine for drone will be more expensive and be designed for best power to weight ratio. The car engine will have a lower power to weight ratio and be designed for high efficiency and for efficient regenerative breaking.
Futurestar33
Hello,
I am trying to find out if there are any differences between how the Electric engine for car works vs how an Electric Engine for Drone works.
I am sure the both consist of an Ignition coil, stator and rotor. However I have not been able to find the any schematics for a drones electric engine. If anyone has any recommendations on where to look or can provide the information themselves. Please let me know.
Thank you

Engineering news on Phys.org
It probably depends on the car, but the Tesla S uses 3 phase AC motors and drones use DC motors. Schematics of actual products may not be easy to come by though -- what exactly are you wanting to know/do?

I am wanting to know whether the Electric engine of the drone uses the same aspects as the car, such as ignition coil, stator and rotor and other key magnetic components.

Both contain a stator and rotor, but they are different from each other...and I don't know what an "ignition coil" is, but I don't think it is a part of either. Have you looked at articles describing the parts of these motors?

The electric engines work on the same principles in both cases. How big is the drone ?
A drone engine will be more expensive and be designed for best power to weight ratio.
The car engine will have a lower power to weight ratio and be designed for high efficiency and for efficient regenerative breaking.
An ignition coil is used with a distributor and spark plugs in an internal combustion, gasoline engine.

Likes russ_watters and billy_joule
Well that is upsetting about the ignition coil =/, idk where i read that they were used in electric engines. I am going to continue to do more research. Thank you guys.

Futurestar33 said:
idk where i read that they were used in electric engines
Maybe you were reading about Hybrid cars at the time.

Likes donpacino
Futurestar33 said:
I am trying to find out if there are any differences between how the Electric engine for car works vs how an Electric Engine for Drone works.
If your talking about modern quad copter drone motors, and the like, just google" Brushless D/C motor diagram"

Likes donpacino and berkeman

1. What is the difference between an electric engine for a car and an electric engine for a drone?

The main difference between an electric engine for a car and an electric engine for a drone is their size and power output. Electric engines for cars are larger and more powerful in order to move a heavier vehicle. On the other hand, electric engines for drones are smaller and less powerful, as they only need to power a lightweight aircraft.

2. Which type of electric engine is more efficient for a car or a drone?

In general, electric engines for cars tend to be more efficient than electric engines for drones. This is because cars require more energy to move and thus, their engines are designed to be more efficient. However, advancements in technology are constantly improving the efficiency of electric engines for drones.

3. Can an electric engine for a car be used for a drone, and vice versa?

Technically, it is possible to use an electric engine designed for a car in a drone, and vice versa. However, it may not be practical or efficient. Electric engines for cars are heavier and more powerful than those for drones, which can affect the flight performance of a drone. Additionally, electric engines for drones may not be powerful enough to move a car.

4. What are the benefits of using an electric engine for a car or a drone?

There are several benefits to using an electric engine for both cars and drones. These include lower operating costs, zero emissions, and quieter operation. Electric engines also have fewer moving parts, making them more reliable and requiring less maintenance.

5. Are there any limitations to using an electric engine for a car or a drone?

One limitation of using an electric engine for a car is the limited range compared to traditional gasoline engines. However, this is constantly improving as technology advances. For drones, the main limitation is the flight time, as electric engines may require frequent recharging. Additionally, electric engines for drones may not be suitable for certain weather conditions or payload requirements.