What Is the Electrical Conductivity of R11?

In summary: R11 has the electrical conductivity of 0.0000947 Gram/cmIn summary, R11 is a refrigerant and its electrical conductivity can be found using a formula in the book linked above. The value for its electrical conductivity is 0.0000947 Gram/cm. The units used are SI units (Gram and cm).
y2j
I've been searching the Internet high and low looking for the ELECTRICAL conductivity of R11. There doesn't seem to be much info on the subject and I'm stuck. Does anybody know its conductivity and/or where I could find it out?

Engineering news on Phys.org
y2j said:
I've been searching the Internet high and low looking for the ELECTRICAL conductivity of R11. There doesn't seem to be much info on the subject and I'm stuck. Does anybody know its conductivity and/or where I could find it out?
Great! What's R11?

SteamKing said:
Great! What's R11?
R11 is the famous refrigerant

thanks
but this book can not search in side it "No eBook available"

Yeah, but there is a table on p. 504 where you can read a value for the electrical conductivity for R-11 and other refrigerants.

even one page can not open only some words

The link worked fine for me.

attached is eqn and table

Attachments

• R11a.jpg
    R11a.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 417
Thanks for all

what is the units that used?
Are the unit in SI ?
the picture is not clear

y2j said:
what is the units that used?
Are the unit in SI ?
the picture is not clear
Its in Gram and cm so basically SI units only

thanks
I 'm get the book and found that

Related to What Is the Electrical Conductivity of R11?

1. What is R11?

R11 is a refrigerant chemical compound, also known as trichlorofluoromethane, that was commonly used in refrigeration and air conditioning systems before it was phased out due to its harmful effects on the ozone layer.

2. What are the electrical properties of R11?

R11 is a non-conductive compound, meaning it does not allow electricity to flow through it. It also has a low dielectric constant, which measures how well a material can store electrical energy. This makes R11 a poor choice for use as an insulator in electrical systems.

3. How does R11 affect electrical equipment?

R11 can damage electrical equipment if it leaks or is released into the air. When R11 comes into contact with electrical systems, it can cause corrosion and deteriorate the insulation on wires, leading to potential malfunctions or failures.

4. Can R11 be used as a refrigerant in electrical equipment?

No, R11 is not recommended for use as a refrigerant in electrical equipment due to its negative impact on the ozone layer and its potential to damage electrical systems.

5. Are there alternatives to R11 with better electrical properties?

Yes, there are several alternatives to R11, such as R22, R134a, and R410a, that have better electrical properties. These alternatives have lower environmental impacts and are safer for use in both refrigeration and electrical systems.