Electro-Mechanical Engineer College Info Help

In summary: You should look into "mechatronics" as that is the parent field of robotics. There are only a handful of programs out there for it, though. Electro-Mechanical Engineering is now mostly an engineering technology and is not ABET accredited as an engineering specialty. There are a few programs out there that are ABET accredited, but most are not. So, it is up to you to decide if Georgia Tech or MIT is the best option for you.
takeiteasy404
Hey I am 20 years old and I am signing up for college and i want to become some sort of robotics engineer. I am having a difficulty finding colleges with degree programs for robotics around here. i found a program for an advanced diploma in electro-mechanical engineering technology a 3 year program at Durham College in Oshawa, ON, Canada. would this be a good idea for me to invest into get that diploma or/and does anyone have any ideas what college and course name (suited for robotics) i can submit to that would be a better option (or what course title i should search for) around durham region or toronto? Thank You for your help

Engineering news on Phys.org
Look into "mechatronics" that's the parent field of robotics and is generally an offshoot of either mechanical or electrical (which one you choose is up to you after looking through the curriculum)

Like everybody else said, look for mechatronics engineering. There are only a handful of programs out there for it, though. Mechatronics engineering is just now getting started as its own field, but I know its supposed to be an exciting field with plenty of applications and opportunities. Electro-Mechanical Engineering is now mostly an engineering technology and is not ABET accredited as an engineering specialty.

Southern Polytechnic State University in Georgia has a degree in Mechatronics Engineering, and if you get that done and decide to do more, Georgia Tech has a Ph.D in Robotics. Although, I would look into SPSU as there's been some negative comments made about them. Good academics program, though.

hey,

i need one advice from some experts which one is Best Colleges For Robotics Engineering

I am searching a lot but not found any authantic source on which I can trust

it is valid that MIT is on top?

Source: http://www.etechmag.com/2012/06/26/colleges-robotics-engineering.html

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance in your academic pursuits. Becoming a robotics engineer is a great goal and I commend you for taking the initiative to research potential college programs.

In regards to the electro-mechanical engineering technology program at Durham College, it could be a good option for you. This program may provide you with a strong foundation in engineering principles and hands-on experience with mechanical and electrical systems, which are important skills for robotics engineering. However, it is important to note that this program may not specifically focus on robotics, so you may want to research the specific courses offered to ensure they align with your career goals.

If you are looking for a program that specifically focuses on robotics, you may want to consider expanding your search to other colleges or universities in the Toronto area. Some potential options could include the University of Toronto, Ryerson University, or Centennial College, all of which offer programs in mechatronics or robotics engineering. It may also be helpful to search for programs with titles such as "robotics engineering," "mechanical engineering with a focus on robotics," or "mechatronics engineering."

Ultimately, the best program for you will depend on your individual interests and career goals. I recommend researching and comparing the course offerings, hands-on experiences, and career outcomes of various programs to determine which one aligns best with your aspirations. You may also want to reach out to current students or alumni of these programs to gain insights into their experiences and advice.

Best of luck in your academic journey!

What is an electro-mechanical engineering degree?

An electro-mechanical engineering degree is a program that combines the principles of electrical engineering and mechanical engineering. It focuses on the design, development, and maintenance of electromechanical systems, which are machines or devices that use both electrical and mechanical components.

What courses are typically included in an electro-mechanical engineering degree?

Courses in an electro-mechanical engineering degree may include mechanics, thermodynamics, circuits and electronics, control systems, materials science, and computer-aided design. Students will also take courses specific to electro-mechanical engineering, such as electromechanical systems design, electrical machines, and sensors and actuators.

What skills are important for an electro-mechanical engineer?

An electro-mechanical engineer should have strong problem-solving skills, as well as a solid understanding of both electrical and mechanical principles. They should also have excellent communication and teamwork skills, as they often work in interdisciplinary teams. Attention to detail, creativity, and critical thinking are also important skills for an electro-mechanical engineer.

What job opportunities are available for electro-mechanical engineering graduates?

Electro-mechanical engineering graduates can find job opportunities in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, and robotics. They may work in roles such as design engineer, project engineer, quality engineer, or systems engineer. Graduates may also choose to pursue further education and research in the field.

What are some top schools for studying electro-mechanical engineering?

Some top schools for studying electro-mechanical engineering include Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Stanford University, University of California-Berkeley, and Georgia Institute of Technology. Other notable schools include Purdue University, University of Michigan, and University of Texas-Austin. It is important to research each school's program and curriculum to find the best fit for your academic goals.