Electrodynamics Radiation section

This involves calculating the power per solid angle. You may also need to calculate the quadrupole tensor to ensure that the dipole contribution is not zero. In summary, to compute the radiation pattern, the power per solid angle needs to be calculated using the cross product of the magnetic moment and the vector $n$, and the electric dipole moment must be determined to compute the E and B fields. It may also be necessary to calculate the quadrupole tensor to ensure the dipole contribution is not zero.
AHSAN MUJTABA
Homework Statement
Compute the radiation pattern from a square current loop of area A carrying a
current ##i_o Cos(\omega t)+i_oSin(\omega t)##
Relevant Equations
the magnetic dipole vector potential
##A_dip =\mu_o(\vec m\times \hat n)##
##\frac{dP}{d\Omega}=(\vec E\times\vec H)##
I am computing the radiation pattern for that I have to calculate the power per solid angle I found $$m( magnetic moment)=I(t)A$$ where then i took the cross product with $n=sin(\theta)cos(\phi)i+sin(\theta)sin(\phi)j+cos(\theta)k$ After that I moved towards computing the E and B which I know how to compute. and then power per solid angle. But I want to know that is this the right approach or do I have to calculate the quadrupole tensor because the dipole contribution would be zero? I don't know I am right

Physics news on Phys.org
or wrong. A:The E and B fields are determined by the electric and magnetic dipole moments, so if your magnetic moment is $m(t)$, then you need to determine the electric dipole moment $p(t)$ so that you can compute the E and B fields.

1. What is Electrodynamics Radiation?

Electrodynamics Radiation is the study of the electromagnetic radiation produced by charged particles in motion. It includes the behavior of electromagnetic waves and their interaction with matter.

2. What are some examples of Electrodynamics Radiation?

Examples of Electrodynamics Radiation include visible light, radio waves, X-rays, and gamma rays. It also includes non-ionizing radiation such as microwaves and infrared radiation.

3. How is Electrodynamics Radiation related to electromagnetism?

Electrodynamics Radiation is a branch of electromagnetism. It deals specifically with the behavior and properties of electromagnetic waves, while electromagnetism studies the relationship between electricity and magnetism.

4. What are the applications of Electrodynamics Radiation?

Electrodynamics Radiation has many practical applications in various fields such as communication, medicine, and astronomy. It is used in technologies such as radio and television broadcasting, MRI machines, and telescopes.

5. What are the safety concerns surrounding Electrodynamics Radiation?

There are potential health risks associated with exposure to certain types of Electrodynamics Radiation, such as UV rays and X-rays. It is important to follow safety guidelines and limit exposure to these types of radiation to prevent negative effects on the body.