Ending point for initial condition theories

In summary: All three theories have the plasma expanding, but the size of the universe at each time point is different.
michaeljmj
I am not a scientist, but as a hobby I am summarizing different initial condition theories, specifically, eternal inflation, LGC, cyclic, and bounce theories. I need a completion time ATB where all theories produce an identical plasma. The plasma then enters the big bang process of expansion. I’m considering three possibilities for the starting time ATB: 10-12 sec (1016 K); 10-10 sec (1015 K); and, 10-4 sec (1012 K).

Selecting 10-12 sec (1016 K) implies that electroweak unification (spontaneous symmetry breaking) has not occurred - it is predicted at a later time (≈10-11 sec) and lower temperature (10-15.5 K). Thus, this time seems too early since all initial condition theories do not predict the electroweak force breaking into the weak and electromagnetic force, for example, the cyclic theory assumes four forces.

At 10-10 sec (1015 K), the issue of electroweak unification is avoided and only elementary particles (quarks, electrons, neutrinos) and bosons (force carriers: gluon, photon, and W) exist in the plasma. Also, the density is extremely high to accommodate the bounce and cyclic theories. Thus, a plasma at this time/temperature may be reasonable for all initial theories.

At 10-4 sec, quarks were forming neutrons and protons. The universe’s diameter was a macro value of approximately one thousand meters. Since quarks were not free and since the density may not have been adequate for the cyclic and bounce theories, this may be too much elapsed time.

Is my logic sound, are there other considerations? Thanks

Space news on Phys.org
Typically people producing theories of the early universe make use of observational constraints to limit their theories. So there's not really a specific time where all the theories converge: it depends upon how the various theories impact observables.

Perhaps the observation which is sensitive to physics at the earliest times that's used to constrain early-universe theories is big bang nucleosynthesis (BBN), which lays down the abundance of light elements. Different theories about the early universe will have a different impact upon BBN, so that there are theories which don't change BBN at all, but may have an impact on observables that show up a bit later, such as the pattern of hot and cold spots on the CMB.

Thanks, that sounds logical. My sources show nucleosynthesis: at 100 seconds ATB; a temperature of 109 K; a diameter of observable universe about 1010 meters; and a combination of helium, deuterium, and lithium nuclei plus elementary particles. Not knowing the technical details of bounce and cyclic theories, I assumed smaller time scales based on inflation ending prior to 10-12 sec.

1. What is an ending point for initial condition theory?

An ending point for initial condition theory refers to the point at which the initial conditions of a system have been fully explored and analyzed, and a conclusion or understanding has been reached about the behavior or outcome of the system.

2. Why is an ending point important in initial condition theories?

An ending point is important in initial condition theories because it signifies the completion of the analysis and understanding of a system's behavior. It allows for the formulation of conclusions and predictions based on the initial conditions, which can be useful in various fields such as physics, biology, and economics.

3. How is an ending point determined in initial condition theories?

An ending point is determined through the use of mathematical models and simulations, where the behavior of a system is predicted and compared to observed data. The point at which the predicted and observed data match or converge can be considered the ending point.

4. Can an ending point change in initial condition theories?

Yes, an ending point can change in initial condition theories if new data or information is obtained that alters the initial conditions or assumptions of the system. This can lead to a new understanding or prediction of the system's behavior and a new ending point.

5. What are the implications of an ending point in initial condition theories?

The implications of an ending point in initial condition theories are that it allows for a deeper understanding and prediction of complex systems. It also opens up the possibility for further research and development of more accurate models to better explain and predict the behavior of these systems.