Engineering Students Academic Discussion

In summary, the most frequent methods for engineering students to ask study-related questions are consulting with friends or classmates and searching online. The most common frustration when asking questions is not receiving a timely or helpful response. Many students also use websites and apps, such as PhysicsForum and StackExchange, for additional support. However, a simple Google search can also be sufficient in some cases.
Steven 7891
Hi guys, I am doing a quick survey here. I am not sure this is appropriate in this section but here it is.

If your are an engineering students, could you guys please comment on:

1) Who do you ask when you stuck on study-related questions (eg. lecture note, tutorial, assignment questions etc.)? Do you ask friends, search online, use forums, email lecture etc? List them with the most frequent method at first.

2) What are the frustration you have when trying to ask questions? Eg. friends don't know the answers, Google too time-consuming, forums no replies, lecture response too slow? If you have, please list them with the most frustrating one at first.

3) Have you tried to use any website/app to ask engineering questions (eg. PhysicsForum, StackExchange etc.)? Or a simple Google is sufficient most of the time?

Thanks a lot guys! =)

Physics news on Phys.org

Hello,

I wanted to provide some input on your survey questions. In response to your first question, I think it is important for engineering students to have a variety of resources to turn to when they are stuck on study-related questions. From my experience, the most frequent method for asking questions is to first consult with friends or classmates. This is because they are often working on the same assignments and can provide immediate feedback and support. If friends are not available, the next most common method is to search online. This could include using search engines like Google or consulting online forums and discussion boards. It is also common for students to email their lecture for help, but this is usually a last resort due to the potentially slow response time.

Moving on to your second question, the most common frustration when asking questions is not receiving a timely or helpful response. This could be from friends who do not know the answer, online forums that do not provide any replies, or a lecture that takes too long to respond. This can be particularly frustrating when students are under time constraints for completing assignments or studying for exams.

In regards to your final question, I have noticed that many engineering students do use websites and apps to ask questions and seek help. These include platforms such as PhysicsForum and StackExchange, which have a large community of experts and peers who can provide assistance. However, I believe that a simple Google search can also be sufficient in many cases, especially for more general questions or concepts.

I hope this information is helpful for your survey. Best of luck with your research!

1. What is the purpose of "Engineering Students Academic Discussion"?

The purpose of "Engineering Students Academic Discussion" is to provide a platform for engineering students to engage in academic discussions, share ideas, and collaborate on projects. It aims to enhance critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, and overall academic performance of engineering students.

2. Who can participate in "Engineering Students Academic Discussion"?

Any engineering student, regardless of their field of study, can participate in "Engineering Students Academic Discussion". This includes undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate students. The discussions are open to all levels of academic experience and encourage diversity of thought and perspectives.

3. What topics are typically discussed in "Engineering Students Academic Discussion"?

The topics discussed in "Engineering Students Academic Discussion" vary and can cover a wide range of engineering-related subjects. Some common topics include current events and advancements in engineering, problem-solving techniques, research methods, and project ideas. Students are also encouraged to bring their own topics for discussion.

4. How are the discussions organized in "Engineering Students Academic Discussion"?

The discussions in "Engineering Students Academic Discussion" are typically organized in a group setting, with a moderator facilitating the conversation. The moderator ensures that all participants have the opportunity to share their thoughts and ideas. The discussions can also be organized in a panel format, where a group of students presents on a specific topic and leads a discussion with the audience.

5. How can "Engineering Students Academic Discussion" benefit me as an engineering student?

"Engineering Students Academic Discussion" can benefit you as an engineering student in many ways. It provides a platform for you to engage with your peers and learn from their experiences. It also helps improve your critical thinking and communication skills, which are essential in the engineering field. Additionally, participating in these discussions can expand your knowledge and understanding of various engineering topics and improve your academic performance.