Engines' aggragated technical data for a presentation

In summary, the conversation discusses the difficulties of finding complete data for internal combustion engines for various applications. The speaker is requesting any sources that may have aggregated technical data such as power, capacity, weight, engine dimensions, and consumption. Some resources are shared, but it is acknowledged that the data may still be incomplete.
sani
Hi everyone!

I am trying to make a presentation concerning up to date internal combustion engines for different applications (light duty/passenger cars, heavy duty, marine/low rpm, aviation etc). I don't need any charts just sheer numbers of power, capacity, weight, engine dimensions, consumption(lt/h)/BSFC(g/kW). I tried to google them, but apart from the fact that the data I found were incomplete (e.g. I couldn't find engine weight and dimensions for passenger cars), it is also impossible to check every engine one by one (light duty applications alone may consist of hundreds of engines). So, I would be really grateful if someone could provide me with any source of information (books, technical papers, data bases etc.) that would have all these technical data aggregated (e.g. in the form of tables). Thank you in advance!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Good luck with that request, and welcome to the real world. Data like this is tough to find, and almost never as complete as what you want.

Thanks! Yeah it's really hard to find but with some help I' ve found a few things. Of course the data is incomplete as you said but it's better than nothing. I post the links here in case someone else needs them.
http://www.bikez.com/years/index.php
http://wardsauto.com/special-reports/2014/2014-light-vehicle-engine-chart-sponsored-mahle
https://www.sae.org/ohmag/features/mahlechart/mahlechart.pdf

1. What is the purpose of "Engines' aggregated technical data for a presentation"?

The purpose of "Engines' aggregated technical data for a presentation" is to provide a comprehensive overview of the technical specifications and performance of multiple engines for a presentation. It allows for easy comparison and analysis of different engine models.

2. How is the data collected for "Engines' aggregated technical data for a presentation"?

The data for "Engines' aggregated technical data for a presentation" is collected through various sources such as manufacturer specifications, industry reports, and testing data. It is then compiled and organized into a cohesive presentation format.

3. What type of information is typically included in "Engines' aggregated technical data for a presentation"?

The information included in "Engines' aggregated technical data for a presentation" can vary, but it typically includes specifications such as engine size, horsepower, torque, fuel efficiency, and emissions levels. It may also include performance data, maintenance requirements, and any notable features or advancements.

4. How can "Engines' aggregated technical data for a presentation" benefit a presentation?

"Engines' aggregated technical data for a presentation" can benefit a presentation by providing a comprehensive and unbiased comparison of different engine models. It can also help inform decision-making and showcase the capabilities and strengths of certain engines.

5. Is "Engines' aggregated technical data for a presentation" relevant for all types of engines?

Yes, "Engines' aggregated technical data for a presentation" can be relevant for all types of engines, including those used in vehicles, machinery, and power generation. However, the specific data collected and presented may vary depending on the intended use and audience of the presentation.