Evolution vs Intelligent Design

In summary, the debate between evolution and intelligent design continues to stir controversy and division among scientists and educators. Proponents of intelligent design argue that the complexity of the universe and living organisms cannot be solely attributed to random chance and natural selection, while evolutionists hold fast to the idea that naturalistic explanations are the only valid means of understanding the world. The debate has extended beyond science and into matters of morality and politics, with each side accusing the other of jeopardizing freedoms and promoting dangerous ideologies. Ultimately, the divide between naturalistic science and those who reject it highlights a fundamental disagreement over the role of a designer in the universe and the nature of scientific inquiry.
For instance, I believe it just got onycho banned from Physics Forums. Have a nice day, and thanks for your participation.

-Zero

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by onycho
I didn't state that any average American or human being would be more or less likely to believe in ID. Most people don't even care to consider random choice or ID at any time in their lives.
I said the article, you wrote the article? But I stand corrected, the article says that most Americans would be unable to accept a theory that everything just *happened*, without any design. I disagree.

and another one bites the dust...

But why was this thread in General Philosophy in the first place? If it's about evolution, shouldn't it be in Biology?

Or, if we want to discuss a philosophy topic, why not the anthropic principle?

Good point Nereid, but you always have good points. :smile:

topic is locked due to copyright infringement...

congratulations onycho, you have successfully gained my attention at scrutinizing your posts more carefully, now my credibility in you to supply information in a positive and non-antagonzing way has been flushed down the PF toilet...

perhaps you would like to re-read our PF policies in the feedback forum and try again? or does this sort of attention feed your inner child adequately?