Exciting Changes to PF Staff: Mentor Promotions and New Additions

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, Hurkyl is leaving his post due to personal reasons. We were fortunate enough to retain his efforts for many years. We hope he will pop back in when he has more time. Thanks Hurkyl!
It's not been an easy month for our Mathematics forums. First we lost Micromass. Now I reluctantly report that Hurkyl is leaving his post due to personal reasons. We were fortunate enough to retain Hurkyl's efforts for many years. We hope he will pop back in when he has more time. Thanks Hurkyl!

To replenish our numbers we are excited to announce a few changes.

Mark44 is moving to Mathematics. No worries students, I am confident he will still remain very active in the HH forums.

SammyS will be promoted to Mentor and filling Mark44's vacancy in HH!

Fredrik will be promoted to Mentor and filling Micromass's vacancy in Mathematics!

Congrats!

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks, Hurkyl, for the many years! Hopefully, you'll still be able to find time to drop in.

Congratulations, Mark44!

Welcome, Fredrik and SammyS!

Greg Bernhardt said:
We were fortunate enough to retain Hurkyl's efforts for many years. We hope he will pop back in when he has more time. Thanks Hurkyl!
Hey Hurkyl, welcome to the club of emeritus mentors!

To replenish our numbers we are excited to announce a few changes.
Great to see new additions, congratulations to all!

I remember Hurkyl from 10 years back when I first was getting active at PF. His open-mindedness, objectivity, willingness to ask questions (and probably, I think, patience) were an important help to me as a newcomer getting settled. Part of what made it a good place. Subsequently, whenever I noticed H had posted on some thread, I always looked with extra alertness to see what he had to say. All the best, Hurkyl, and thanks.
!

Bye Hurkyl, we've missed you! :frown:

Congratulations to Sammy and Frederik!

What does HH stand for?

Turion said:
What does HH stand for?
Homework Help

All the best to you, Hurkyl.

Congrats SammyS and Fredrik!

Best wishes to Hurkyl and his next journey in the walk of life.

And a warm New Zealand welcome to new mentors, and those shifting forums. :-)

Pursuant to a ruling I gave 9th April regarding micromass, it has now been retracted.

Attachments

• CCF01072013.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 299
Likes 1 person

1. What is a PF Staff Change?

A PF Staff Change refers to any changes or updates made to the staff members working at a particular organization or company. This can include additions, departures, promotions, or any other changes in staff roles.

2. Why do organizations make PF Staff Changes?

Organizations may make PF Staff Changes for a variety of reasons. Some common reasons include filling vacant positions, restructuring departments, or promoting employees who have shown strong performance. Changes in staff can also occur due to budget constraints or company growth.

3. How often do PF Staff Changes occur?

The frequency of PF Staff Changes can vary depending on the organization and its needs. Some companies may experience more frequent changes due to high turnover rates or frequent restructuring, while others may have more stable staff members and experience less frequent changes.

4. Do PF Staff Changes affect the organization's operations?

Yes, PF Staff Changes can have an impact on the organization's operations. If key staff members leave or are replaced, there may be a learning curve for new employees, which can affect productivity and efficiency. However, if the changes are planned and managed effectively, they can also bring new ideas and improvements to the organization.

5. How can organizations handle PF Staff Changes effectively?

To handle PF Staff Changes effectively, organizations should have a clear plan in place for communicating and implementing the changes. This can include providing support and training for new staff members, ensuring open communication between employees and management, and regularly evaluating the effectiveness of the changes. It is also important to handle any departures or promotions with sensitivity and professionalism to maintain a positive work culture.