Experience the Best of Science Channel & HP Commercials

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Television
In summary: Yes! I especially love Terry Jones' Medieval Lives, he is such a hoot! He's an ex Monty Python with a degree in Medieval studies.
tribdog
1: the science channel is the greatest thing ever invented. If you don't have it get it.
2: the greatest commercial ever, other than the Steven Segal Mountain Dew commercial, is the hp commercial with the dorky looking guy and the picture frames.

Physics news on Phys.org
tribdog said:
1: the science channel is the greatest thing ever invented. If you don't have it get it.
2: the greatest commercial ever, other than the Steven Segal Mountain Dew commercial, is the hp commercial with the dorky looking guy and the picture frames.

Pity Moutain Dew tastes of monkey sick.

:eek:

Blasphemer!

Mountain Dew has officially replaced Ambrosia as the nectar of the Gods!

Didn't you get the memo?!? :biggrin:

i would of loved to see that mountain dew commercial with stephen segal

i_wish_i_was_smart said:
i would of loved to see that mountain dew commercial with stephen segal
Let us all search for a download of this, for the sake of some entertainment and much glory for the finder.

jimmy p said:
Pity Moutain Dew tastes of monkey sick.
I have never read a quote that describes so precisely the taste of this beverage.
:-p

tribdog said:

The Science Channel is cool, but I also enjoyed the Discovery Health Channel. They had this thing called, "Sex Appeal" which would tell you the science of attraction and all that.

I would've placed my vote for the History Channel a few years ago, but it's programming quality has gone down in my opinion. For the last 2 years, they've been broadcasting nothing but WWII, which is rather annoying. I remember several years ago they covered as much ancient history as they did modern - that I was a fan of. Occasionally you might catch something interesting like a week's worth special on Roman history.

http://www.kontraband.com/main.asp?CAT=tvads <---Steven seagal commercial
Good one BTW.

Last edited by a moderator:
graphic7 said:
I would've placed my vote for the History Channel a few years ago, but it's programming quality has gone down in my opinion. For the last 2 years, they've been broadcasting nothing but WWII, which is rather annoying. I remember several years ago they covered as much ancient history as they did modern - that I was a fan of. Occasionally you might catch something interesting like a week's worth special on Roman history.

I know what you mean. WWII doesn't really interest me as much as the ancient history does. Last time I watched something on it was when they had a special on the Romans, I believe.

Artman said:
I have never read a quote that describes so precisely the taste of this beverage.
:-p
I'm with you guys! What the heck did they put in it to make it taste that way?

Chrono said:
I know what you mean. WWII doesn't really interest me as much as the ancient history does. Last time I watched something on it was when they had a special on the Romans, I believe.
Ditto. They've WWII'd us to DEATH! Let's get them to get back to ancient/medieval hx! YEAH!

Tsunami said:
Ditto. They've WWII'd us to DEATH! Let's get them to get back to ancient/medieval hx! YEAH!
Yes! I especially love Terry Jones' Medieval Lives, he is such a hoot! He's an ex Monty Python with a degree in Medieval studies.

http://www.uktv.co.uk/uktvHistory/More.cfm?ccs=20&cs=845

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey! DiscoveryTimes Channel is showing a bunch of real good stuff lately that's NOT WWII! :biggrin: It's not quite what you might consider ancient or medieval history but I enjoy this stuff, too. American Indian cultures, Mexican history, French history... All good stuff!:wink:

My favorite channels (besides News & Sports) are PBS (Simon Rose, Rick Steves, others) Discovery (NOVA, Myth Busters, the occasional Tom Friedman report, etc.), History (for war and peace, I'm not fussy), Comedy Central (almost entirely for the Daily Show) and Bravo (mostly for the West Wing and James Lipton).

Last edited:
I remember when Discovery and The Learning Channel were good. Since when did ambush makeover's and interior decorating become educational?

It just sort of changed one day -- now they have baby storys, wedding storys, and dayshows. Although, I have to admit, wedding story is cute sometimes! =)

Cute ? Aaaaaaarrgh !

Sweet & Intellectual said:
Although, I have to admit, wedding story is cute sometimes! =)

I used to watch the wedding and dating show, but after a while it got repetative.

i won't have any part in it hehe, i rather watch educational tv, not in a bad way, if you're going to watch tv, better mak it so you learn something

Chrono said:
I used to watch the wedding and dating show, but after a while it got repetative.

Yeah, sometimes they do. Especially if the people getting married, or the couples dating arent really interesting or into each other.

I want to be on there :(

Gokul43201 said:
Cute ? Aaaaaaarrgh !

aww, you know you love it ;)
*runs* :blushing:

I want to be on there :(

You might get a few proposals from people on here. :biggrin:

Chrono said:
You might get a few proposals from people on here. :biggrin:

Too late guys, I saw her first! :devil:

jimmy p said:
Too late guys, I saw her first! :devil:

No, I did!

Chrono said:
No, I did!

I'll fight you for her... Queensbury rules doncha know?

jimmy p said:
I'll fight you for her

All right, but we all know you'll win.

Chrono said:
All right, but we all know you'll win.

:-p OK, but I was the one cacking my pants!

I just watched makeover story and two twins had makeovers to look different at 21. Afterwards, they had a party for the girls to see what the family thought. One twin said "Do you like it longer or shorter" to her boyfriend, a loaded question :-p

And he said "I like it just like that" TOTALLY CHARMING! Awwwwww

And he said "I like it just like that."

He definitely knew what he was doing.

Gokul43201 said:
My favorite channels (besides News & Sports) are PBS (Simon Rose, Rick Steves, others) Discovery (NOVA, Myth Busters, the occasional Tom Friedman report, etc.), History (for war and peace, I'm not fussy), Comedy Central (almost entirely for the Daily Show) and Bravo (mostly for the West Wing and James Lipton).

I don't have cable but my favorite shows are still NOVA and Nature. Always have been, even when I was a kid.

Related to Experience the Best of Science Channel & HP Commercials

1. What is "Experience the Best of Science Channel & HP Commercials"?

"Experience the Best of Science Channel & HP Commercials" is a collaboration between the Science Channel and HP to showcase the latest advancements in science and technology through a series of commercials.

2. How often are new commercials released?

New commercials are released on a regular basis, typically every few months. However, the exact release schedule may vary.

3. Can I watch the commercials online?

Yes, the commercials can be viewed online through the Science Channel's website or on their official YouTube channel.

4. Are the commercials educational?

Yes, the commercials are designed to be both entertaining and educational, highlighting the latest scientific breakthroughs and advancements in technology.

5. Can I purchase products featured in the commercials?

Yes, many of the products featured in the commercials are available for purchase through HP's website or other retailers. However, availability may vary depending on the product and region.