Exploring Beyond the Black Hole: What Happens to Living Things?

• Thread starter Sudip Pradhan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Blackhole
In summary, it is said that there is a black hole which can trap the entire light entering through it. If anyone is trapped near it, they are in trouble because the gravitational gradient can be very steep. However, if someone is trapped near a supermassive black hole, the gravitational gradient may be much gentler. Finally, getting back home may be difficult.
Sudip Pradhan
Its said there up on the universe, black hole which even can trap the whole light entering through it, exists. But if anyone, I mean any living things, trapped there...I'm confused how can they go beyond the black hole...or will be they trapped, if so what happen their bodies?

Astronomy news on Phys.org
If the black hole sucks light down, then it will suck down anything else too ... so why wouldn't living things get sucked down. Once sucked in, where else would they go?

The main trouble is surviving the journey - the gravitational gradient close to the event horizon can be steep enough to rip macroscopic objects like living being apart. However, supermassive black holes have a much gentler gradient so, in principle, a living being could go find out what is actually there where the Einstein equations have a singularity ... sort of.

Of course, the next problem is getting back home to tell anyone what they found.

Caution: I've been a bit glib. For details see...
http://www.jimhaldenwang.com/black_hole.htm
... that should cover a lot of what you are thinking about.

Note: it is not clear what you mean by "beyond a black hole" ... I can travel "beyond" a black hole just by flying past it but I suspect that's not what you mean. Are you thinking of the black hole as a kind of passageway?

That is a pop version of the Schwarzschild metric where it is assumed an observationally finite universe has an event horizon. This is an extremely misleading and unsupported conclusion.

Chronos said:
That is a pop version of the Schwarzschild metric where it is assumed an observationally finite universe has an event horizon. This is an extremely misleading and unsupported conclusion.
Which is? Context is everything.
You mean the "sucking" thing? Yes but it's not fatal. I have done this before.
Or do you mean something in post #1?

@Sudip Prathan:
You may find the following more accessible ...
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/b...you-dont-know-about-black-holes/#.Udpei6Htm28

Last edited:
Yes, post 1. We posted almost at the same time.

Cool :)
Need to hear from OP now ... hello Sudip Prathan, any of this useful to you?

1. What is a black hole?

A black hole is a region in space where the gravitational pull is so strong that even light cannot escape its grasp. It is formed when a massive star dies and collapses in on itself.

2. Can living things survive passing through a black hole?

No, it is highly unlikely that any living thing could survive passing through a black hole. The extreme gravitational forces would most likely tear apart any physical form.

3. What happens to time and space near a black hole?

Time and space near a black hole are heavily distorted due to the intense gravitational pull. This phenomenon is known as time dilation, where time moves slower near the black hole compared to farther away from it.

4. Is it possible to explore beyond a black hole?

Currently, it is not possible to explore beyond a black hole as the intense gravitational pull and distortion of time and space make it difficult for any spacecraft to survive. However, scientists continue to study and theorize about the possibilities.

5. Could there be life inside a black hole?

It is highly unlikely that there is any form of life inside a black hole. The extreme conditions and lack of known energy sources make it impossible for life as we know it to exist. However, there is still much we do not know about black holes, so it is not completely ruled out.