Exploring Fluid Mechanics: Project Ideas and Recent Developments

In summary, the conversation is about a junior undergraduate student who is being advised to start a project paper related to fluid mechanics. The student is considering a project on wind mill design or hydro electric turbines and is seeking help in finding valid and good project papers in this area. They also mention the importance of articles about recent developments to help with their project. The conversation ends with the student expressing their hope to discuss technical issues in the articles with others.
ssa117
Well, i am in my third year(junior) in my undergraduate course, and we are being advised to start a project paper, We are now on the verge of decision from wind mill(design of blades and all) to hydro electric turbine , all in all stuffs related to fluid mechanics. Can anyone help me with valid and good project papers in this line ie fluid machinaries so that i can get an idea of how to tackle things. Some articles about the recent developments (from which we can expound) will be of great help.
sincerely yours
upcoming mechanical engineer :D

Engineering news on Phys.org
Oh the reason i didnt post it in homework section is because i want to discuss some technical issues in the articles if anyone presents(hopefully)

1. What is the purpose of a university project paper?

The purpose of a university project paper is to demonstrate a student's understanding and application of a specific subject or topic. It is a way for students to showcase their research, critical thinking, and writing skills.

2. How long should a university project paper be?

The length of a university project paper can vary depending on the specific guidelines given by the instructor. However, most project papers are typically between 10-20 pages, not including references and citations.

3. What is the difference between a university project paper and a regular research paper?

A university project paper is typically more focused on a specific topic or problem, while a regular research paper can cover a broader range of subjects. A project paper also often includes a practical component, such as a project or experiment, in addition to a written component.

4. How should I choose a topic for my university project paper?

The best way to choose a topic for your university project paper is to select something that interests you and aligns with your field of study. It should also be a topic that is relevant and has enough available research and resources for you to explore.

5. When should I start working on my university project paper?

It is recommended to start working on your university project paper as soon as you receive the assignment. This will give you enough time to research, plan, and complete your paper without feeling rushed. It is also important to adhere to any deadlines given by your instructor.