Exploring Link Movement in X-Y-Z Axis: How Does This Linkage Rotate and Yaw?

Micheal_Leo
i have this linkage as far as happening that

This Link make angle between x-y axis and rotate also between x-y axis , meanwhilel yaw( z-axis)

am i right ?

please make it clear

Attachments

• ft.png
    ft.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Micheal_Leo said:
i have this linkage as far as happening that

This Link make angle between x-y axis and rotate also between x-y axis , meanwhilel yaw( z-axis)

am i right ?

please make it clear
Is your question about the use of the word "yaw"? This will happen if the bottom hinge cheeks do not fit exactly. You need to be "clear" first. :wink:
Lateral movement of the link can be parallel with the z axis or at an angle (tipping). Are you looking for a way to specify what you need?

sophiecentaur said:
Is your question about the use of the word "yaw"? This will happen if the bottom hinge cheeks do not fit exactly. You need to be "clear" first. :wink:
Lateral movement of the link can be parallel with the z axis or at an angle (tipping). Are you looking for a way to specify what you need?
bn.jpg

the link has pin joint with bracket which fixed and also link move back and forth, so i am trying to fugure out that motion and angle how this link will make in the 3d axis i mention it

Last edited:
Micheal_Leo said:
View attachment 334993

the link has pin joint with bracket which fixed and also link move back and forth, so i am trying to fugure out that motion and angle how this link will make in the 3d axis i mention it
It depends on how good you make the hinge arrangement, surely. The rod can move laterally or rotate about the z axis. Is that not obvious? Motion can be limited by having a long enough bearing and pin and / ormaking sure that the D shaped bracket in your picture is big enough and tight enough on the rod. You have not specified the actual dimensions so how can I answer your question? In fact you haven't actually asked a question

I asked you why you used the word "yaw". You could add the word "rotation"but you need more (3D) details on your sketch. The rod can rotate about its axis (twist) as well as from side to side.

What is link movement in the X-Y-Z axis?

Link movement in the X-Y-Z axis refers to the motion of a mechanical link in three-dimensional space, where X, Y, and Z represent the directional axes. This movement can include linear displacement as well as rotational movements around any of these axes.

How does a linkage rotate and yaw?

A linkage rotates around an axis when it follows a circular path, which can be around the X, Y, or Z axis. Yaw refers to rotation around the vertical (typically Z) axis, similar to the motion seen in the steering of a car. This rotation and yaw are controlled by the joints and configuration of the linkage which dictate the range and plane of motion.

What are the common applications of these movements in robotics and machinery?

In robotics, these movements are crucial for tasks requiring high precision and flexibility such as in automated assembly lines, robotic arms, and drones. In machinery, they are used in applications like CNC machines and 3D printers where precise, multi-axis control is necessary for the fabrication of complex parts.

What factors affect the efficiency of linkage movement in different axes?

Factors that affect efficiency include the design of the linkage, the type of joints used, material properties, the load carried by the system, and the precision in control mechanisms. Friction, wear and tear, and external environmental conditions also play significant roles in influencing efficiency.

How can one optimize the motion of a linkage in the X-Y-Z axis?

Optimizing the motion of a linkage involves improving its design and control strategies. This can be achieved by using computer simulations to predict movement behaviors and identify optimal configurations. Additionally, selecting appropriate materials and joint types, as well as implementing precise and responsive control systems, are crucial for enhancing performance.