X,y,z new coordinate calculation for joint rotations in CoppeliaSimEdu

dis
TL;DR Summary
I have problems with kinematic- > Rot(z,a1)Rot(z,a2)Trans(0,0,d) a1 and a2 angles d projection. My function was x = (d3+const)*math.cos(a1)*math.sin(a2) y = (d3*const)*math.const(a1)*math.sin(a2) but it not working.
I have created a 3D manipulator joint in CoppeliaSimEdu, I have the following joint rotation along the z axis, a second rotation joint raised in height and shifted along the x axis and further along the x axis is a directions joint. Or Rot(z,a1)Rot(z,a2)Trans(0,0,d) a1 and a2 angles d projection. But I have added a Dummy object to CoppeliaSim with which I set the x,y,z coordinates according to the kinematics calculations. But as far as I understand, I have a problem with the calculation of x and y coordinates, because the z coordinate is as it should be.

By connecting all the joints I got the matrix: [[cos(a1+a2), -sin(a1+a2),0,0],[sin(a2-a1),cos(a1+a2),0,0],[0,0,1,d ],[0,0,0,1]]

thus thinking that x = cos(a1+a2) + sin(a2-a1) y = -sin(a1+a2)+cos(a1+a2) z = d but the Dummy object doesn't move as it should, so I believe my x,y coordinates are wrong. How could I fix it?

Engineering news on Phys.org
:welcome:

I am not familiar with CoppeliaSimEdu, but for some interpretations of your initial description your 4x4 matrix seems correct except for ##\sin(a2-a1)## which should be ##\sin(a1+a2)##. Note that two sequential rotations around any axis is equivalent to a single rotation about the exact same axis with the sum of the two angles.

I am not sure what you are saying next. Is (1, 1, 1) the position of your dummy object? And you expect it to shift around when you change your two angles and the offset? If so, it sounds like its more an issue with use of the program you use, so perhaps you can find an example that works and then try transform it to be applicable to your problem?

Likes dis
Thanks. Found answer.
x = l1*math.cos(teta1)+l2*math.cos(teta1 + teta2)
y = l1*math.sin(teta1)+l2*math.sin(teta1+ teta2)

where l1 and l2 are constant

What is CoppeliaSimEdu and how is it used for joint rotations?

CoppeliaSimEdu, formerly known as V-REP, is an educational version of the CoppeliaSim simulation software. It is widely used for robotics simulations, allowing users to create, customize, and control robotic models in a virtual environment. In the context of joint rotations, CoppeliaSimEdu enables users to simulate and analyze the movement and mechanics of robotic joints, facilitating the study of robotics and automation systems.

How do you calculate new coordinates (X, Y, Z) for joint rotations in CoppeliaSimEdu?

To calculate new coordinates for joint rotations in CoppeliaSimEdu, you typically use transformation matrices or the built-in scripting functions. The process involves applying rotation matrices to the original coordinates of the joint. These matrices are based on the rotation angle and the axis of rotation, which can be defined in the simulation parameters or calculated dynamically based on the simulation's requirements.

What are the common issues faced when calculating joint rotations in CoppeliaSimEdu?

Common issues include numerical inaccuracies, gimbal lock, and synchronization errors between different joints or elements of the simulation. Numerical inaccuracies can occur due to finite precision in the computation of trigonometric functions. Gimbal lock is a phenomenon that occurs when using Euler angles for rotation, leading to the loss of one degree of freedom. Synchronization errors can happen when multiple joints or elements need to move in coordination and the timing is not perfectly aligned.

Can you automate the calculation of X, Y, Z coordinates for joint rotations in CoppeliaSimEdu?

Yes, you can automate these calculations using CoppeliaSimEdu's scripting capabilities. The software supports scripting in Lua, which allows for the automation of tasks, including the computation of joint rotations. By writing custom scripts, users can define how joint angles are calculated, apply these calculations automatically during the simulation, and adjust parameters dynamically based on real-time simulation data.

Are there any resources or tools within CoppeliaSimEdu to help understand and implement joint rotations better?

CoppeliaSimEdu offers several resources and tools to assist in understanding and implementing joint rotations. The software includes comprehensive documentation, tutorials, and example projects that demonstrate how to set up and manipulate joint rotations. Additionally, the online forums and community support provide a platform for users to share insights and seek advice on specific issues related to joint rotations and other aspects of simulation in CoppeliaSimEdu.