Exploring Matryoshka Horizons: The Holographic Principle and Black Holes

• A
  • Thread starter FallenApple
  • Start date
In summary, the Holographic Principle suggests that the information on the cosmological horizon represents what is inside, including a large star that is about to turn into a black hole. When the star becomes a black hole, its own event horizon contains information about what is happening inside. It is likely that the information from the original outer horizon is imprinted on both the outer and inner horizon, as there is no apparent reason for it to change. This theory is supported by articles from Phys.org and Nat Geo.
FallenApple
So we know from the Holographic Principle that the information on the cosmological horizon represents what is inside.

Suppose a large star is about to turn into a black hole. Well, that star is represented by information on some far away horizon. When that star turns into a black hole, it has an event horizon itself on which the information on it describes what happens inside of it. So what happens to the information of the star that was originally on the outer horizon? Is it lost? Or is it duplicated? Here it would just be a projection from 2d to 2d to 3d.

Could it be imagined that somehow we have infinite projections of 2d->2d->2d...?

Physics news on Phys.org
That's an interesting question. My suspicion is that the information is imprinted on both as there's no apparent means or reason to have it change. However, I have to reference to post that says so.

I did find this article on Phys.org

https://phys.org/news/2012-05-black-hole-universe-physicist-solution.html

and this one from Nat Geo:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/04/100409-black-holes-alternate-universe-multiverse-einstein-wormholes/

Likes FallenApple
jedishrfu said:
That's an interesting question. My suspicion is that the information is imprinted on both as there's no apparent means or reason to have it change. However, I have to reference to post that says so.

I did find this article on Phys.org

https://phys.org/news/2012-05-black-hole-universe-physicist-solution.html

and this one from Nat Geo:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/04/100409-black-holes-alternate-universe-multiverse-einstein-wormholes/

That makes a lot of sense. There is spherical harmony to it too.

What is the holographic principle?

The holographic principle is a theory that suggests that all the information contained in a certain space can be encoded on its boundary. This means that a three-dimensional space can be described by a two-dimensional surface, similar to how a hologram works.

How does the holographic principle relate to black holes?

The holographic principle has been applied to black holes, suggesting that all the information about the objects that fall into a black hole is stored on the event horizon, the boundary of the black hole. This means that the three-dimensional object is encoded on a two-dimensional surface, similar to the holographic principle.

What is the significance of the holographic principle in understanding black holes?

The holographic principle has helped scientists understand the paradox of black holes, known as the information paradox. It suggests that the information of objects that fall into a black hole is not lost but is encoded on the event horizon, providing a solution to the paradox.

How can we explore the holographic principle in relation to black holes?

Scientists use mathematical models and simulations to explore the holographic principle in relation to black holes. These models help us understand the behavior of black holes and test the validity of the holographic principle.

What are the potential implications of the holographic principle for our understanding of the universe?

The holographic principle has vast implications for our understanding of the universe. It suggests that the universe may be a hologram, and all the information about it is encoded on its boundary. This could change our understanding of space, time, and the fundamental laws of physics.