Exploring the Internal Structure of M87: A Hobbyist's Perspective on Black Holes

• Thread starter dt101
  • Start date
In summary, exploring the internal structure of M87, a supermassive black hole, can be an exciting and educational hobby for those interested in astrophysics and space exploration. With advancements in technology, hobbyists can now access high-resolution images and data from telescopes and satellites to study the complex and mysterious nature of black holes. Through observations and simulations, they can gain a better understanding of the gravitational forces, event horizons, and accretion disks that make up the internal structure of these cosmic giants. This hobby not only allows for a deeper appreciation of the universe but also contributes to ongoing research and discoveries in the field of black hole physics.
dt101
I'm here to talk about black holes. I did some work on M87 (not associated with the international team) which revealed structure internally to the image.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. :smile:
dt101 said:
I'm here to talk about black holes. I did some work on M87 (not associated with the international team) which revealed structure internally to the image.
Sounds fun. Where are you planning on publishing your work?

I have just added a thread to the astronomy section and its already on my wordpress site. I do this as a hobby, so no real papers on it. I hope everyone enjoys the images and learns to produce their own.