Exploring the Possibility of Anti-Matter Moving Backwards Through Time

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of anti-matter being the negative solution to the infinity at a singularity and its potential relation to time. It also explores the imbalance between anti-matter and normal matter and any potential for the balance to change over time. The conversation also refers to a related post on physics forums for further discussion on the topic.
darkstar05
Hi i was just thinking today and don't know enough to be able to rubbish my own theories.

I was thinking about the start of the universe being a singularity, and the plotted curve of 1/x having the 2 solutions , positive and negative infinity at its y axis.
It led me to wonder whether somehow anti matter was the negative solution to the infinity at a singularity as opposed to normal matter being the positive.

And following this i wondered if anti matter was in fact moving backwards through time. Though if it was i suppose we would never encounter it unless the universe was shaped so we did.

Could this in someway account for the imbalance in anti vs normal matter and is there any indication that the balance may change as time moves on?

sorry for the crazy thinking , cheers

Space news on Phys.org
thankyou, yes they certainly are it would seem! how interesting, especially as i have studied physics very little. Much of that thread is WAY above my head!

1. What is anti-matter and how does it relate to time travel?

Anti-matter is a concept in physics that refers to particles with the opposite charge of their corresponding matter particles. It is believed that anti-matter may have the ability to move backwards through time, which has sparked interest in its potential for time travel.

2. Is it possible for anti-matter to move backwards through time?

There is currently no scientific evidence to support the idea that anti-matter can move backwards through time. While some theories suggest that it may be possible in certain conditions, it is still a largely unproven concept.

3. How would anti-matter moving backwards through time affect our current understanding of physics?

If it were proven that anti-matter can move backwards through time, it would challenge many of our current theories and concepts in physics. It would require a re-evaluation of the laws of physics and could potentially lead to new breakthroughs in our understanding of time and space.

4. What experiments have been done to explore the possibility of anti-matter moving backwards through time?

There have been several experiments conducted to try and detect the movement of anti-matter through time. One notable experiment was conducted by CERN in 2011, but the results were inconclusive. Further research and experiments are needed to fully explore this possibility.

5. What are the potential implications of anti-matter time travel for our future?

If anti-matter were to be proven to have the ability to move backwards through time, it could open up new possibilities for time travel. However, it could also have potential consequences and ethical implications that would need to be carefully considered and addressed.