Exploring the Wonders of Liquid Nitrogen

In summary: ICE CREAM!I've read that if you drive a Stirling Cycle engine with an external motor of any kind it will cause the hot end to become extremely hot and the cold end to become cold enough to liquify the air that comes in contact with it. The liquid air was described as just dripping off the cold end. This would be a mix of O2 and N2, but should serve for...:biggrin: :biggrin:
Leidinfrost effect!

Physics news on Phys.org
I got a flask of liquid nitrogen from my mate's mum, who's a GP. Hours of fun smashing flowers, once I'd finished burning off my own wart!

I've also seen a guy drinking it (well, taking into his mouth before blowing it out) but I seem to remember there's a knack. Didn't dare try it.

What kind of flowers should I use?

Really, hours?

tribdog said:
If the pepsi freezes, do you have any Mapp gas?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I tell people about that incident all the time. You're famous you know.

franznietzsche said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I tell people about that incident all the time. You're famous you know.
but only to people that hang with you. it's a two edged sword.

two edged sword? wtf am I talking about. After I type lines like that I always wonder what it means and if I really wrote it.

Every sword has two edges doesn't it? More than that too. I guess fencing swords (what are they called again?) are round right? So that either counts as one, or too many to count.

tribdog said:
but only to people that hang with you. it's a two edged sword.

two edged sword? wtf am I talking about. After I type lines like that I always wonder what it means and if I really wrote it.

Hence why you are famous. From california to New Mexico, to wherever Moonbear lives.

As well as Guam!

Mk said:
As well as Guam!

Saipan too incidently, since I have friends and relatives living there.

Mk said:
Every sword has two edges doesn't it?
Only double edged swords have both edges sharpened so that they cut either way you swing them. These are battle weapons as opposed to fencing foils which are essentially for sport. Fencing foils are square in cross section. They can stab, but not cut. (Fencers put little protective guards over the tips when they fence so they don't actually injure anyone.) Anyway, a lot of styles of swords have only one edge sharpened