Exposing Mr. Crackpot: The Inexcusable Audacity of a Haughty Parasite

• Thread starter Mattara
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Crackpot
In summary, the conversation discusses the discovery of Mr. Crackpot's audacious behavior, including his attempts to enforce unnecessary formal rules and his disregard for others' prerogatives. It also questions the validity of his claims and his desire for control and exclusion. The conversation ends with a discussion on the potential consequences of allowing Crackpot to continue his actions.
Mattara
This was something I discovered the other day.

Over the past few weeks, I've learned to look past Mr. Crackpot's haughty, testy inclinations. I've learned to look past some of the splenetic things Crackpot has said. I've even learned to look past his attempts to call for ritualistic invocations of needlessly formal rules. But I cannot stay silent about Crackpot's incomprehensible and unforgivable audacity regarding a specific event that recently occurred. Let's start with my claim that if I want to react violently, that should be my prerogative. I don't need Crackpot forcing me to. Why can't we find even one well-designed, peer-reviewed, longitudinal study that clearly demonstrates that if he kicks us in the teeth, we'll then lick his toes and beg for another kick? Probably because no comprehensive study has ever drawn such a closed-minded conclusion. In contrast, many studies indicate that if I were to compile a list of Crackpot's forays into espionage, sabotage, and subversion, it would fill an entire page and perhaps even run over onto the following one. Such a list would surely make every sane person who has passed the age of six realize that I wouldn't judge Crackpot's lapdogs too harshly. They're clearly just cannon fodder for Crackpot's plot to don the mantel of exclusionism and jawbone aimlessly.

So don't tell me that in times of economic, social, or political crisis, small groups that bowdlerize all unfavorable descriptions of Crackpot's warnings suddenly gain a mass following just because he is all too typical of the sort of peremptory parasites who convince people that their peers are already riding the Crackpot bandwagon and will think ill of them if they don't climb aboard, too. He says that everyone with a different set of beliefs from his is going to get a one-way ticket to Hell. What he means by this, of course, is that he wants free reign to have a serious destabilizing effect on our institutions. Even his cheerleaders are afraid that he will panic irrationally and overreact completely in the near future. I, hardheaded cynic that I am, have seen their fear manifested over and over again, and it is further evidence that most people want to be nice; they want to be polite; they don't want to give offense. And because of this inherent politeness, they step aside and let Crackpot give lunatics control of the asylum.

http://www.pakin.org/complaint

I bet many people will buy it. Well until they google the first line :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
I honestly hope that the material I'm about to present will open some eyes and minds. I will start this discussion by arguing that Lord Mattara's shock troops are too indolent to guide the world into an age of peace, justice, and solidarity. Then, I will present evidence that the real question here is not, "In view of Lord Mattara's shiftless politics, what does it make sense for us to do now?". The real question is rather, "Whatever happened to good sportsmanship?" The complete answer to that question is a long, sad story. I've answered parts of that question in several of my previous letters, and I'll answer other parts in future ones. For now, I'll just say that I trust Lord Mattara about as far as I can throw him. That shouldn't surprise you when you consider that he claims to be supportive of my plan to uplift individuals and communities on a global scale to snap his spin doctors out of their trance. Don't trust him, though; he's a wolf in sheep's clothing. Before you know it, he'll authorize, promote, celebrate, and legitimize brown-nosing jingoism. Not only that, but there's a time to keep silent and a time to speak. There's a time to love and a time to hate. There's a time for war and a time for peace. And, I insist, there's a time to think outside the box. Or, to put it less poetically, I feel no more personal hatred for Lord Mattara than I might feel for a herd of wild animals or a cluster of poisonous reptiles. One does not hate those whose souls can exude no spiritual warmth; one pities them. Rhetoric aside, if we are to debunk the nonsense spouted by Lord Mattara's representatives, then we must be guided by a healthy and progressive ideology, not by the judgmental and hostile ideologies that Lord Mattara promotes. There is no such thing as evil in the abstract. It exists only in the evil deeds of evil people like Lord Mattara. My goal for this letter was to give our young people the values that will inspire them to punish those who lie or connive at half-truths. Know that I have done my best while trying always to replace today's chaos and lack of vision with order and a supreme sense of purpose. Let an honest history judge.

Multifarious avenues of approach vie for attention as potential retorts to BobG's grumpy manifestos. But first, let me pose you a question: Is BobG actually concerned about any of us, or does it just want to treat people like satanic fomenters of revolution? After reading this letter, you'll undeniably find it's the latter. BobG is not as litigious or unruly as you might think. It's more so. BobG's sophistries all stem from one, simple, faulty premise -- that it is a perpetual victim of injustice. BobG drops the names of famous people whenever possible. That makes it sound smarter than it really is and obscures the fact that it strikes me as amusing that BobG complains about people who do nothing but complain. Well, news flash! It does nothing but complain. Like a verbal magician, BobG knows how to lie without appearing to be lying, how to bury secrets in mountains of garbage-speak. Out of all of the infernal storytellers I've ever known, BobG is clearly the most avaricious. I could write pages on the subject, but the following should suffice. BobG writes a lot of long statements that mean practically nothing. What's sneaky is that it constructs those statements in such a way that it never occurs to its readers to analyze them. Analysis would almost certainly indicate that we are observing the change in our society's philosophy and values from freedom and justice to corruption, decay, cynicism, and injustice. All of these "values" are artistically incorporated in one person: BobG. BobG wants to produce an army of mindless insects who will obey its every command. To produce such an army, it plans to destroy people's minds using either drugs or an advanced form of lobotomy. Whichever approach it takes, BobG's supporters are merely ciphers. BobG is the one who decides whether or not to destroy the heart and fabric of our nation. BobG is the one who gives out the orders to make bigotry respectable. And BobG is the one trying to conceal how the best thing about it is the way that it encourages us to rise to the challenge of thwarting its lewd plans. No, wait; BobG doesn't encourage that. On the contrary, it discourages us from admitting that its list of sins is long and each one deserves more space than I have here. Therefore, rather than describe each one individually, I'll summarize by stating that when you tell BobG's spin doctors that rigid adherence to dogmatic purity will lead only to disunity while we clearly need unity to stop BobG's encroachments on our heritage, they begin to get fidgety, and their eyes begin to wander. They really don't care. They have no interest in hearing that only the impartial and unimpassioned mind will even consider that we must encourage individuals to come out of their cocoons and flourish.

You have got to admit that it was pretty funny though? :smile: :smile:

I wasn't like that until I visited that site http://bob.youaremighty.com/. After an hour straight of hitting refresh, one can't help but "want to produce an army of mindless insects who will obey its every command."

Cumbersome and wordy.

Rach3 said:
Cumbersome and wordy.
A predictable reply from one who had to change his username because his old one was too "cumbersome and wordy" to type. If you are stimulated by new ideas and if you can think for yourself rather than simply accept what Rachmaninoff dishes out, I think you will find this letter of interest. As a preliminary, I want to bring meaning, direction, and purpose into our lives. I wish I could say this nicely, but I don't have much tolerance for clueless hoodlums: His reason is not true reason. It does not seek the truth, but only obnoxious answers, clumsy resolutions to conflicts. It is hardly surprising that he wants to abandon the idea of universal principles and focus illegitimately on the particular. After all, this is the same illiberal, lecherous fink whose fatuitous prattle informed us that mediocrity and normalcy are ideal virtues. I conclude this letter with an appropriate quote: "What Rachmaninoff is doing is alcoholism in its most malignant form." I believe we all know who said that, don't we?

The following are simply some random thoughts that have been rattling about my head of late and that I'd like to let out -- a little house cleaning, if you will. For most of the facts I'm about to present, I have provided documentation and urge you to confirm these facts for yourself if you're skeptical. By toning down its principles, many more people are exposed to people who use a complain generator's birdbrained message, convinced by its passion, and seduced by its simplistic answers to complex social problems. People who use a complain generator has a staggering number of brutish, splenetic faithfuls.

One way to lower their numbers, if not eradicate them entirely, is simple. We just inform them that those of us who are too lazy or disinterested to allay the concerns of the many people who have been harmed by people who use a complain generator have no right to complain when it and its intimates trample over the very freedoms and rights that it claims to support. It's astounding that people who use a complain generator has somehow found a way to work the words "heterochromatization" and "hippopotomonstrosesquipidelian" into its cock-and-bull stories.

However, you may find it even more astounding that the sinful imperialism in its ruses is not always explicit. Get that straight, please.

BobG said:
A predictable reply from one who had to change his username because his old one was too "cumbersome and wordy" to type. If you are stimulated by new ideas and if you can think for yourself rather than simply accept what Rachmaninoff dishes out, I think you will find this letter of interest. As a preliminary, I want to bring meaning, direction, and purpose into our lives. I wish I could say this nicely, but I don't have much tolerance for clueless hoodlums: His reason is not true reason. It does not seek the truth, but only obnoxious answers, clumsy resolutions to conflicts. It is hardly surprising that he wants to abandon the idea of universal principles and focus illegitimately on the particular. After all, this is the same illiberal, lecherous fink whose fatuitous prattle informed us that mediocrity and normalcy are ideal virtues. I conclude this letter with an appropriate quote: "What Rachmaninoff is doing is alcoholism in its most malignant form." I believe we all know who said that, don't we?

Hey, who are you calling a fink?

Rach3 said:
Hey, who are you calling a fink?

I resent that statement.

Before I move on, I just want to state once more that fink has vanity without pride, voluptuousness without taste, and learning without wisdom. Excuse me; that's not entirely correct. What I meant to say is that fink's obdurate devotees promote mediocrity over merit for no better reason than to be above someone on the social ladder. That's the current situation, and if you have any doubt about the reality of it, then you haven't been paying close enough attention to what's been happening in the world. Fink is a standard-bearer for the unbearable.Let me begin by citing a range of examples from the public sphere. For starters, fink's reasoning is circular and therefore invalid. In other words, it always begins an argument with its conclusion (e.g., that its values enhance performance standards, productivity, and competitiveness) and therefore -- not surprisingly -- it always arrives at that very conclusion. Fink's mind has limited horizons. It is confined to the immediate and simplistic, with the inevitable consequence that everything is made banal and basic and is then leveled down until it is deprived of all spiritual life. Ignorance is bliss. This may be why fink's disciples are generally all smiles.

Just my thoughts.

1. What is "Exposing Mr. Crackpot" about?

"Exposing Mr. Crackpot: The Inexcusable Audacity of a Haughty Parasite" is a scientific book that delves into the world of pseudoscience and highlights the dangers of individuals who spread false information in the name of science.

2. Who is Mr. Crackpot?

Mr. Crackpot is a pseudonym used in the book to represent any person who promotes pseudoscience and refuses to accept evidence-based facts.

3. What motivated the author to write this book?

The author, a scientist themselves, was frustrated with the increasing prevalence of pseudoscience in society and wanted to educate the public on how to identify and combat it.

4. What topics are covered in the book?

The book covers a range of topics related to pseudoscience, including the history of pseudoscience, the psychology behind it, common tactics used by pseudoscientists, and the impact of pseudoscience on society.

5. How can this book be useful for readers?

This book serves as a guide for readers to learn how to critically evaluate scientific claims and identify pseudoscience. It also provides information on how to effectively communicate with those who promote pseudoscience and how to make informed decisions based on evidence-based research.