Extension Projectile Motion and Circulation motion questions

In summary, the speaker is looking for challenging projectile motion, circular motion, energy, roller coasters, pendulums, and Hooke's law questions to study for their year 11 exam. They have already completed their teacher's extra worksheets and are seeking additional resources. They are open to browsing forums for relevant content, but do not want to see the solutions in order to challenge themselves.
jstretto
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any links or documents of some challenging projectile motion and circular motion questions. Also, if you have any regarding 'Energy' and roller coasters and pendulums and Hooke's law they would be great too.

I am in year 11 and am looking to do some extra study for my exam :). I have already completed all my teacher's extra worksheets and am looking for some more challenging 'A' standard questions.

Physics news on Phys.org
Have you considered browsing this forum for what you need? Just do a search using the key words you listed and see what comes up. To challenge yourself, don't look at the solution.

1. What is extension projectile motion?

Extension projectile motion refers to the motion of an object that is launched or thrown at an angle with a certain initial velocity, and experiences a constant acceleration due to gravity in addition to a linear extension force along its trajectory. This results in a curved path known as a parabola.

2. How is extension projectile motion different from regular projectile motion?

The main difference between extension projectile motion and regular projectile motion is the presence of an additional extension force acting on the object. This force affects the trajectory of the object and can result in a longer or shorter range depending on the direction and magnitude of the force.

3. What is circular motion?

Circular motion is the movement of an object along a circular path at a constant speed. This type of motion involves a centripetal force acting towards the center of the circle, which keeps the object moving in a circular path.

4. How is circular motion related to extension projectile motion?

Circular motion and extension projectile motion are related in that they both involve the presence of a centripetal force. In extension projectile motion, the centripetal force is provided by the extension force, while in circular motion, the centripetal force is provided by a force such as tension or gravity.

5. How does the angle of launch affect the motion of an object in extension projectile motion?

The angle of launch has a significant impact on the motion of an object in extension projectile motion. A higher angle of launch will result in a longer range, while a lower angle of launch will result in a shorter range. Additionally, the angle of launch also affects the shape of the trajectory and the maximum height reached by the object.