Extraction of carbon distribution data from blended biofuel

In summary, the conversation is about someone needing help with determining the molecular formula of Neat Algae jet fuel. They have been provided with carbon-type mass fractions for blended and neat jatropha fuel, but they need to extract similar carbon data for neat algae SPK. They have attached a figure and provided a link to a report with the information they need, but the person they are talking to says it is not possible for them or UOP to provide the information as it requires a thorough understanding of the process.
Kadvigus
Hi,
I have been working on molecular formula determination for biojet fuels. Can someone help me here please. I need to find out the molecular formula of Neat Algae jet fuel. I have been provided with the carbon-type (n and iso types) mass fractions for blended jatropha/algae fuel and neat jatropha fuel. Is is possible for me to extract the carbon distribution data from the available information? Please reply as soon as possible. Many thanks.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
What do you mean by "carbon distribution data"?

Hi Thanks for your reply. I have attached a fig which will provide the carbon content and carbon species constructing each of the biofuel. I need to extract similar carbon information which constructs algae SPK. I hoped I can calculate it from the provided data.

http://www.ascension-publishing.com/BIZ/Bio-SPK.pdf

This URL contains the report which in turn has the figure I am talking about in Page 3. I need to extract a similar carbon data for neat algae SPK.
Im interested in the info for neat Jatropha SPK and blended Jatropha & algae SPK (95%+5% respectively). Please please please give me good news

Sorry, but that isn't possible by us. The process that UOP uses to remove oxygen from fatty acids and then crack the remaining paraffins to smaller chains is specific to their process. UOP itself likely wouldn't be able to help you either since the type of information you ask for requires a very thorough understanding of the pertinent mechanisms of the process. UOP may have this level of understanding of their process but that isn't likely IMO.

Hello,
I understand your need for accurate and complete data in your research. To extract the carbon distribution data from blended biofuel, you will need to use a technique called gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS). This technique separates and identifies individual components in a sample and can provide you with the molecular formula of your biojet fuel. You will need to prepare your sample and run it through the GC-MS machine to obtain the data you need. It is also important to note that the carbon distribution data may vary depending on the specific blend of biofuel and the source of the algae and jatropha. I recommend consulting with a biofuel expert or conducting further research to ensure accurate results. Best of luck with your research!

What is blended biofuel?

Blended biofuel is a type of fuel that is created by mixing traditional fossil fuels with renewable biofuels, such as ethanol or biodiesel. This blending process results in a fuel with a lower carbon intensity and reduced greenhouse gas emissions.

Why is it important to extract carbon distribution data from blended biofuel?

Extracting carbon distribution data from blended biofuel is important because it allows for accurate measurement of the overall carbon footprint of the fuel. This data can help inform policy decisions and guide efforts towards reducing carbon emissions.

What methods are used to extract carbon distribution data from blended biofuel?

The most common method for extracting carbon distribution data from blended biofuel is through life cycle assessment (LCA). This involves analyzing the entire life cycle of the fuel, from production to use, and calculating the carbon emissions at each stage.

What factors can affect the accuracy of carbon distribution data from blended biofuel?

There are several factors that can affect the accuracy of carbon distribution data from blended biofuel, such as the type and amount of biofuel used, the production process, and the source of the fossil fuel component. Additionally, variations in feedstock and production methods can also impact the accuracy of the data.

How can the extraction of carbon distribution data from blended biofuel inform the development of more sustainable fuel options?

By providing accurate carbon distribution data, the extraction process can help identify areas where improvements can be made in the production and use of blended biofuels. This information can then be used to guide the development of more sustainable and environmentally-friendly fuel options in the future.