Fall Class Schedule: Can I Handle 3 Hard Classes Plus Work?

In summary, the individual is concerned about their fall semester schedule, which includes taking Calculus 3 and Physics 102, both with challenging professors. They would have liked to take Differential Equations, but it conflicts with Calculus 3. They are also taking an Introduction to Biology class, which they find intimidating due to their struggles with memorization. They will be working 15 hours a week and are worried about not having access to tutoring for their physics class. They are considering taking a psychology class instead, but are unsure if it will be less time-consuming than biology.
MidgetDwarf
Not sure if this is a feasible schedule.for fall. Our fall semester is 14 weeks.

Cal 3 (multivariable). I am taking this one with a hard professor (had her for 2 other classess/lots of work)
Physics 102 (introduction to electricity and magnetism) again hard professor and I am average at physics.
Introduction to biology.

The problem is that my physics class is 2 a week and it's 5 units. I think it's a 5 hour class tues/thursday.

I would have took differential equation, but it conflicts with the calculus 3, because I want my calculus 3 teacher who is challenging.

Now , the bio is scary and I would have took 2 math class and a physics because I'm familiar with the material. I am not very good at memorizing so I kind of fear wasting to much time. I will be working about 15 hours a week. And my school does not offer tutoring for physics beyond mechanics and calculus1. So I will be on my own if I get stuck. So I need time aside for extra studying maybe. Is it doable?

Physics news on Phys.org
Or is anthropology less time consuming than bio?

I can also take a psych class, I think it's the brain 1.

1. Can I handle 3 hard classes plus work at the same time?

It depends on your individual abilities and time management skills. It is important to carefully consider your workload and prioritize your responsibilities. It may be helpful to consult with a counselor or academic advisor to determine if this is a feasible schedule for you.

2. How do I know if a class is considered "hard"?

In general, a "hard" class is one that requires a significant amount of time and effort to understand and complete the coursework. This can vary from person to person, but some indicators of a difficult class may include a heavy workload, complex subject matter, and challenging assignments or exams.

3. Is it better to take all 3 hard classes in one semester or spread them out?

This ultimately depends on your personal preferences and learning style. Some students may prefer to tackle difficult courses all at once, while others may find it more manageable to spread them out over multiple semesters. It is important to consider your workload and other commitments when making this decision.

4. How can I balance my class schedule with work?

Time management is key when balancing a class schedule with work. It may be helpful to create a schedule or use a planner to stay organized and on top of assignments. Additionally, communicating with your employer about your schedule and any potential conflicts can help ensure that you are able to fulfill your work responsibilities without impacting your academic performance.

5. What resources are available to help me succeed in difficult classes?

Many universities offer resources such as tutoring, study groups, and academic support centers to help students succeed in challenging classes. It is also important to communicate with your professors and ask for help or clarification when needed. Don't be afraid to reach out for support when facing difficult coursework.