Find Out CPU Speed of a Pentium 4 on Fedora Core 3

• Thread starter Norman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Linux
In summary, to find out the CPU speed of a Pentium 4 on Fedora Core 3, you can use the <code>cat /proc/cpuinfo</code> command in the terminal or the system monitor. Other commands such as <code>lscpu</code> can also be used. Alternatively, the <code>Hardinfo</code> application provides a graphical interface to check the CPU speed. Overclocking is not recommended, but it can be done using third-party tools such as <code>cpupower</code> or <code>cpufreq</code> with caution.
Norman
I need to know the processor (CPU) my linux box at school is running. I cannot find (after a couple google searches) a command. The sticker on the outside says Pentium 4 but I need the speed of it also. Does anyone know of a way for me to find this out in Fedora Core 3?
Thanks,
Ryan

Computer science news on Phys.org
And if you can tell me how to find the amount of RAM it has also, that would be great.
Thanks,
Ryan

cat /proc/meminfo

cat /proc/cpuinfo

Related to Find Out CPU Speed of a Pentium 4 on Fedora Core 3

1. How can I find out the CPU speed of a Pentium 4 on Fedora Core 3?

To find out the CPU speed of a Pentium 4 on Fedora Core 3, you can use the cat /proc/cpuinfo command in the terminal. This will display detailed information about your CPU, including the speed.

2. Can I use a graphical interface to find out the CPU speed?

Yes, you can also use the system monitor in Fedora Core 3 to find out the CPU speed. Simply open the system monitor and navigate to the "Resources" tab, where you will see the CPU speed displayed.

3. Are there any other commands I can use to find out the CPU speed?

Yes, you can also use the lscpu command in the terminal to display information about your CPU, including the speed. This command may provide a more user-friendly output compared to cat /proc/cpuinfo.

4. Is there a way to check the CPU speed without using the terminal?

Yes, you can use the Hardinfo application in Fedora Core 3 to check the CPU speed. This application provides a graphical user interface and displays detailed information about your hardware, including the CPU speed.

5. Can I overclock my Pentium 4 CPU on Fedora Core 3?

Overclocking is not recommended, as it can cause damage to your hardware and void your warranty. However, if you are an experienced user, you can use third-party tools such as cpupower or cpufreq to overclock your CPU. Keep in mind that this can be risky and should be done with caution.