Find Space Video: Gravityless Environment 5+ Mins

In summary, a user is looking for a video of a gravityless environment lasting more than 5 minutes without any interruptions. They have only been able to find shorter videos or videos recorded in segments and are asking for help. Another user suggests contacting NASA for full-length videos. The original user will try that and update the other user on the outcome.
Burrid
Greetings and excuse me if my question doesn't belong here.
I've been searching for quite a while but I can't find a video that matches this describing:

A footage of a more than 5 minutes lasting video in a gravityless environment.
The camera may not stop recording once during the 5 minutes.
(eg a man testing sphericity of water in the ISS)

I can only find either short footages, or either footages recorded in fragments.

Can anyone help me with this?

Last edited:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, Burrid.
Have you tried contacting NASA directly? I'm sure that they would be glad to share full-length videos with you.

Danger said:
Welcome to PF, Burrid.
Have you tried contacting NASA directly? I'm sure that they would be glad to share full-length videos with you.

Ha, no I haven't.
I will try that right now.

Thank you for the reply :)

Cheers, mate. Let me know how it turns out.

Danger said:
Cheers, mate. Let me know how it turns out.

Will do!

1. What is a gravityless environment?

A gravityless environment refers to a state in which there is no gravitational force acting on a body or object. This can occur in space, where the force of gravity is significantly weaker compared to that on Earth.

2. Why is finding a gravityless environment important?

Studying a gravityless environment allows scientists to better understand the effects of gravity on objects and living organisms. It also provides insights into the fundamental laws of physics, which can have practical applications in fields such as space exploration and engineering.

3. How is a gravityless environment created?

A gravityless environment is typically achieved by placing an object or body in an orbit around a planet or celestial body. This allows the object to experience a state of constant freefall, where the force of gravity is cancelled out by the centrifugal force of the orbit.

4. What are some challenges of studying a gravityless environment?

One of the main challenges is that most experiments and equipment are designed to work in Earth's gravity, so they may not function properly in a gravityless environment. Another challenge is the lack of a stable reference frame, making it difficult to measure and track movements and changes.

5. What can we learn from a video of a gravityless environment?

A video of a gravityless environment can provide a visual representation of the effects of gravity and how objects behave in a state of weightlessness. It can also showcase the beauty and wonder of space, and inspire curiosity and interest in science and space exploration.