Finding Dory is a boring movie

• Thread starter Apple_Mango
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Movie
In summary, the conversation discusses the movie Finding Dory, a sequel to Finding Nemo. While some participants enjoyed the movie, others found it to be a disappointment and disliked the character of Dory, who was the focus of the film. The octopus character was praised, and some mentioned their love for the original movie, Finding Nemo.
Apple_Mango
For my English class, I had to watch this movie. I remember watching Finding Nemo a long time ago when I was a pre-teen. I don't remember anything about the first movie except that Nemo got lost and his two fish friends had to find him. I was quite fond of the first movie and I feel like watching it again as I write this review.

The film is suppose to play similar to the plot for the first film. However, the movie is about Finding Dory's parents instead of Finding Dory. The title is a deceiving. Dory all of a sudden remembers that Dory had parents and they went to go look for them at the Zoo with Marlin and Nemo. The films is mostly about Dory finding her parents at the zoo with the help of friends.

Quite frankly, I just thought the movie was a bore. Dory was incredibly annoying, her short-term memory was annoying and overplayed. Her running gag made Dory unlikable to me. Marlin and Nemo did not have any important development and were irrelevant for the entire film. The movie did not any character development or emotional reaction. The closet thing we had was when Dory thought her parents died and grew sad, and Dory finding her parents.

In short, Finding Dory plays similar to the plot of the first film. Dory is incredibly annoying and unlikable to me. Finding Dory had no interesting character development or emotional reaction beyond the examples I listed. Marlin and Nemo were irrelevant for the entire film. The movie was a disappointment and a letdown.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Did anybody watch the movie?

I loved Finding Nemo, hated Finding Dory.

Likes Apple_Mango
The octopus was cool.

Choppy said:
The octopus was cool.
I thought the Octopus was more likable than Dory.

I've seen this movie about 20 times I love this movie.

tommyvt said:
I've seen this movie about 20 times I love this movie.
And did you see Finding Nemo?

Dory was not one of my favorite characters in Finding Nemo so I am not hurrying to watch Finding Dory.

1. Why do some people think "Finding Dory" is a boring movie?

Some people may find "Finding Dory" boring because they may not connect with the characters or the story, or they may have different preferences when it comes to movies.

2. Is "Finding Dory" a bad movie because it's boring?

No, a movie's quality cannot be solely judged on whether or not it is boring. "Finding Dory" has received positive reviews and has won multiple awards, indicating its overall success as a movie.

3. What makes "Finding Dory" boring compared to other Pixar movies?

This is a subjective question and can vary from person to person. Some may find the story or humor in "Finding Dory" less engaging compared to other Pixar movies, while others may find it just as enjoyable.

4. Can a movie still be successful even if it's considered boring?

Yes, a movie's success can be measured by various factors such as box office revenue, critical acclaim, and audience reception. A movie can still be financially successful even if some people find it boring.

5. Are there any redeeming qualities to "Finding Dory" despite it being boring?

Yes, "Finding Dory" has received praise for its animation, voice acting, and themes of family and self-discovery. While some may find it boring, others may appreciate these aspects of the movie.