Finding elemental error (such as Hysteresis)

This can also be expressed as 0.15% of the reading, which in this case would be 0.15% of 500cm H20, equal to 0.75cm H20. So the elemental error for hysteresis in this case would be between 0.0075V and 0.75cm H20, depending on the measurement units used.In summary, we have a table for a transducer with an input range of 0-1000 cm H2O, excitation of 15V DC, and an output range of 0-5V. The performance specifications include a linearity error of 0.5% FSO, hysteresis error less than
mxpxer7
Alright so I have been given a table for a transducer as follows:

Operation
Input range 0–1000 cm H2O
Excitation 15 V DC
Output range 0–5 V
Performance
Linearity error 0.5% FSO
Hysteresis error Less than 0.15% FSO
Sensitivity error 0.25% of reading
Thermal sensitivity error 0.02%/C of reading
Thermal zero drift 0.02%/C FSO
Temperature range 0–50 C

I was told that my Nomianl pressure is 500cm H20 and ambient temp is betwenn 18 and 25 degrees C.

I'm being asked to calculate the magnitude of each elemental error.

I'm not asking for all of the answers of course but maybe just walk me through let's say Hysteresis, I have no idea how to use the table with the given values to find the elemental error...

Physics news on Phys.org
The hysteresis error is given as less than 0.15% FSO (Full Scale Output). So for a 500cm H20 nominal pressure, the maximum hysteresis error would be 0.15% of 5V, which is 0.0075V.

Related to Finding elemental error (such as Hysteresis)

What is elemental error?

Elemental error, also known as hysteresis, refers to the difference in measurement when a system is approached from different directions. In other words, it is the inability of a system to return to its original state after being influenced by an external force or stimulus.

How is elemental error measured?

Elemental error is typically measured by comparing the output of a system when it is approached from different directions. This can be done by plotting a graph of the system's output versus the input and observing any discrepancies or by directly measuring the difference in output values.

What causes elemental error?

Elemental error can be caused by a variety of factors, such as mechanical friction, temperature changes, or changes in the system's environment. It can also be a result of design flaws or imperfections in the system's components.

How can elemental error be minimized or corrected?

One way to minimize or correct elemental error is through calibration. This involves adjusting the system's parameters to compensate for the error. Additionally, improving the design and components of the system can also help reduce elemental error.

Why is it important to account for elemental error in scientific research?

Elemental error can significantly affect the accuracy and reliability of scientific research. It is important to account for it to ensure that the results obtained are as close to the true values as possible. This can help prevent false conclusions and improve the overall quality of research in a particular field.