Finding the Length of PQ in Quadrilateral MNTS and MOPR Using Ratios

• Thread starter lorddarkhelmet
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Desperate
In summary, the conversation discusses finding the length of PQ in a quadrilateral using the ratios of the sides. After several attempts, it is determined that the ratio is not 5/4 but rather 40/24. It is also clarified that PO corresponds to TN in the diagram and has a length of 12. PO can be found by multiplying this length by the ratio.
lorddarkhelmet
Really Desperate For Help!

Homework Statement

Quad MNTS ~ Quad MOPR Find the length of PQ

Homework Equations

Big
___
Small

The Attempt at a Solution

i have done numerous attempts and i can't figure out what to do after i get the ratio of 5/4

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    90.3 KB · Views: 530
Physics news on Phys.org
I do not see a Q in your diagram. Did you mean PO?

If I am reading your picture correctly, the distance from O to N is 16 and the distance from N to M is 24. That means that the length of OM is 16+ 24= 40. The ratio of any side of the larger quad to the corresponding side of the smaller is 40/24 which is NOT 5/4!

Assuming you do mean PO, PO in quadrilateral MOPR corresponds to TN in quadrilateral MNTS which, according to your diagram has a length of 12. PO must be that length times the ratio.

Related to Finding the Length of PQ in Quadrilateral MNTS and MOPR Using Ratios

1. What is "Really Desperate For Help"?

"Really Desperate For Help" is a phrase used to describe a situation in which someone is in urgent need of assistance or support.

2. How can someone identify if they are "Really Desperate For Help"?

Some signs that someone may be "Really Desperate For Help" include feeling overwhelmed, stressed, or anxious, having difficulty coping with daily tasks, or experiencing thoughts of self-harm or suicide.

3. Are there any resources available for those who are "Really Desperate For Help"?

Yes, there are many resources available for those who are "Really Desperate For Help". These may include hotlines, support groups, therapy, and crisis intervention services. It's important to reach out and seek help if you are in this situation.

4. How can I help someone who is "Really Desperate For Help"?

If you know someone who is struggling and may be "Really Desperate For Help", it's important to offer your support and listen to them without judgment. Encourage them to seek professional help and offer to assist them in finding resources.

5. Is there anything I can do to prevent myself from becoming "Really Desperate For Help"?

While it's impossible to completely prevent difficult situations or mental health struggles, there are steps you can take to help maintain your well-being. This may include self-care practices, seeking therapy or support when needed, and building a strong support network of friends and family.