Finding the path of an oscillating string

In summary, the problem involves finding the displacement of a point on a string after 0.2 minutes, with given amplitude and frequency. However, the wording of the problem is unclear and may need further clarification.
lioric
Homework Statement
The amplitude of the undamped oscillation of the point of the string is 1 mm, and the frequency is 1 kHz. What path will pass a point of 0.2 minutes?
Relevant Equations
V=f x lamda
Problem Statement: The amplitude of the undamped oscillation of the point of the string is 1 mm, and the frequency is 1 kHz. What path will pass a point of 0.2 minutes?
Relevant Equations: V=f x lamda

I don't understand the question. Please help

Physics news on Phys.org
The wording of the problem makes no sense at all. For one thing "pass a point of 0.2 minutes" is nonsense. "0.2 minutes" is not a point. Do you have the EXACT wording of the problem? Is this being translated into English from another language?

phinds said:
The wording of the problem makes no sense at all. For one thing "pass a point of 0.2 minutes" is nonsense. "0.2 minutes" is not a point. Do you have the EXACT wording of the problem? Is this being translated into English from another language?
I agree
A student of mine who went to Ukraine asked me this
I'll ask him ok
Thank you very much

Here's a guess: they want the displacement of the point after 0.2 minutes. But you have to assume the displacement is zero at the start.

What is an oscillating string?

An oscillating string is a string that is moving back and forth in a periodic motion. This motion can be caused by plucking, striking, or bowing the string.

What factors affect the path of an oscillating string?

The path of an oscillating string is affected by several factors, including the tension of the string, the length of the string, the amplitude of the oscillation, and the frequency of the oscillation.

How is the path of an oscillating string measured?

The path of an oscillating string can be measured using a variety of methods, such as using a high-speed camera to capture the motion, using a stroboscope to freeze the motion, or using a laser to track the movement of the string.

What is the relationship between the frequency and wavelength of an oscillating string?

The frequency and wavelength of an oscillating string are inversely proportional. This means that as the frequency increases, the wavelength decreases, and vice versa.

How can the path of an oscillating string be manipulated?

The path of an oscillating string can be manipulated by changing the tension or length of the string, adjusting the amplitude and frequency of the oscillation, or by introducing external forces such as damping or resonance.