Finding Threads: How to Access Older Posts?

• Thread starter Vital
  • Start date
  • Tags
    threads
In summary, the conversation is about how to find old threads on the forum. The first suggestion is to go to the profile page, click on 'information', and then 'find all threads by X'. The second suggestion is to go to "MY PF" and "Your Content" to see all the threads the person has participated in. The third suggestion is to use the search function for specific posts. Lastly, the watched thread page is mentioned as a useful tool for finding old threads.
Vital
Hello!

It might sound really silly but I don't see how to find all my threads - I see only Alerts tab, but all alerts are deleted once read.
Please, advice how I can find my older threads, besides manually scrolling through the list of all posted threads in the forum.

Thank you very much!

Physics news on Phys.org
Go to your profile page, click on 'information', and then 'find all threads by X'.

Bandersnatch said:
Go to your profile page, click on 'information', and then 'find all threads by X'.
Thank you very much! Found it. :-)

Or even simpler: go to "MY PF" and "Your Content" and see all threads you participated in. This will show you all your posts. In cases I look for certain posts, I use the search function (top right) under "More ..." and select keywords and authors.

Likes mfb
Another useful page is the watched thread page: https://www.physicsforums.com/watched/threads/all (which you can get to from the forums menu on the top of the page). If you have the forum settings configured to watch all threads you post in, this page will be pretty useful for finding old threads in which you participated.

Likes jim mcnamara and mfb

1. How do I access older posts on a website?

To access older posts on a website, you can either use the search function or look for a "Previous Posts" or "Archive" button on the website. These options will allow you to navigate to older posts.

2. Why can't I find older posts on a website?

There could be a few reasons why you can't find older posts on a website. The website may have deleted or archived the posts, the posts may be hidden behind a paywall, or the website may not have a feature to access older posts. If you are unable to find older posts, you can try contacting the website for more information.

3. Is there a limit to how far back I can access older posts?

Yes, there may be a limit to how far back you can access older posts on a website. This limit can vary depending on the website and its policies. Some websites may only allow you to access posts from a certain date range, while others may have no limit at all.

4. Can I access older posts on a website if I am not a member?

It depends on the website's policies. Some websites may require you to be a member in order to access older posts, while others may allow anyone to view them. If you are not a member and are unable to access older posts, you can try reaching out to the website for more information.

5. How can accessing older posts be helpful?

Accessing older posts can be helpful for a variety of reasons. It allows you to see the progression of a website or blog over time, catch up on news or events that may have happened in the past, or find information that may no longer be available on the current website. It can also be useful for research purposes or for finding older content that you may have missed when it was first published.