Post Deleted because it is a Duplicate

• Thread starter WWGD
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a user's post being deleted due to being a duplicate and the user asking for the link to the original post. The other user suggests ways to find the original post, including using the search function and checking the user's content. The topic of dynamic SQL-like search is also briefly mentioned, with the second user stating that it would not be secure for a forum to have such a feature.
Physics news on Phys.org
This one?
You can find it via "Forums -> Watched Threads" or "My PF -> Your content". You can also use the search function, or click on the post counter in one of your posts to search for all your posts.

Likes WWGD
mfb said:
This one?
You can find it via "Forums -> Watched Threads" or "My PF -> Your content". You can also use the search function, or click on the post counter in one of your posts to search for all your posts.
Thanks. Do you have dynamic sql -like search, or do you disallow it to avoid injection issues?

I'm not aware of any forum that gives you SQL-like search access, it would be a nightmare to make that secure. The search function has various options to refine searches.

Likes WWGD

What does "Post Deleted because it is a Duplicate" mean?

"Post Deleted because it is a Duplicate" is a message that appears when a post or comment has been removed because it is a duplicate of another post or comment. This means that the content of the post or comment is very similar or identical to another one that already exists on the platform.

Why do posts get deleted for being duplicates?

Posts or comments that are duplicates are often deleted to avoid clutter and repetition on the platform. Having multiple posts or comments with the same content can make it difficult for users to find relevant information and can also create confusion among readers.

How can I avoid posting duplicate content?

To avoid posting duplicate content, you should make sure to check if a similar post or comment already exists before creating your own. You can also use keywords or search filters to find existing content on the platform. Additionally, reading the platform's rules and guidelines can also help you avoid posting duplicate content.

Can I appeal a post deletion due to being a duplicate?

Yes, you can appeal a post deletion if you believe that your post was not a duplicate. You can reach out to the platform's moderators or administrators and provide evidence to support your claim. They will review your post and make a decision on whether to reinstate it or not.

What happens if I repeatedly post duplicate content?

If you repeatedly post duplicate content, your account may be flagged by the platform or you may receive a warning from the moderators. Continued violation of the platform's rules and guidelines may result in a temporary or permanent suspension of your account.