For viewers of "The Big Bang Theory"....

In summary, the character that the respondent identifies most closely with is Leonard. They also like Penny as a character, but have had negative thoughts about Kirk and Spock as children.

Which one are you most like?

• Total voters
MarkFL
Gold Member
MHB
With which character do you identify most closely?

For me it is Leonard, while I do have some of Sheldon's traits, I am not nearly as eccentric (or asexual (Tmi)) as he is.

Physics news on Phys.org
MarkFL said:
With which character do you identify most closely?

For me it is Leonard, while I do have some of Sheldon's traits, I am not nearly as eccentric (or asexual (Tmi)) as he is.

The question is slightly ambiguous in asking which charater you like most, and here changing that to who do you identify with.

My family think I'm a cross between Leonard and Raj, I suppose I think I'm most like Leonard, but there was a time (a long time ago in a galaxy far far away) when I aspired to be somewhat like Sheldon (though we did not have Sheldon as a role model then and had to make do with Spock).

But I also like Penny as she is an interesting counter point to the male protagonists in that she is smart in ways that they fail to comprahend.

CB

CaptainBlack said:
The question is slightly ambiguous in asking chich charater you like most, and here changing that to who do you identify with.

My intended meaning is which character are you most like, i.e., which do you resemble most in personality.

CaptainBlack said:
My family think I'm a cross between Leonard and Raj, I suppose I think I'm most like Leonard, but there was a time (a long time ago in a galaxy far far away) when I aspired to be somewhat like Sheldon (though we did not have Sheldon as a role model then and had to make do with Spock).

But I also like Penny as she is an interesting counter point to the male protagonists in that she is smart in ways that they fail to comprahend.

CB

Yes, as a child, I always thought Kirk was a shmuck and Spock should be running the ship...smarter, stronger, etc.

I agree about Penny...they have learned many lessons from her regarding human nature.

Probably somewhere between Leonard and Howard. Sheldon is a terrible character!

BAZINGA!

I can relate to Leonard's passion for his work and his constant desire to learn and discover new things. I also appreciate his ability to balance his scientific pursuits with his personal relationships and social life. While I may not share all of his experiences or quirks, I can definitely see myself in his character and find him to be a relatable representation of the scientific community.

Related to For viewers of "The Big Bang Theory"....

What is "The Big Bang Theory"?

"The Big Bang Theory" is a popular American sitcom that aired on CBS from 2007 to 2019. The show follows the lives of a group of friends, including a group of scientists, and their relationships and adventures.

Who are the main characters in "The Big Bang Theory"?

The main characters in "The Big Bang Theory" are Leonard Hofstadter, Sheldon Cooper, Penny, Howard Wolowitz, Raj Koothrappali, Amy Farrah Fowler, and Bernadette Rostenkowski-Wolowitz.

What is the premise of "The Big Bang Theory"?

The show follows the lives of four friends, all scientists at a university in California, and their neighbor, an aspiring actress. The group often deals with social awkwardness, relationships, and their passion for science and pop culture.

Is "The Big Bang Theory" scientifically accurate?

While the show does touch on scientific concepts and theories, it is primarily a sitcom and does not always accurately portray science. However, the show has consulted with actual scientists to ensure some level of accuracy.

How many seasons of "The Big Bang Theory" are there?

There are 12 seasons of "The Big Bang Theory", with a total of 279 episodes. The show concluded in 2019 after a successful 12-year run.