Forces on Elliptical Current Carying Loop

StoyanNikolov
Thread moved from the technical forums to the schoolwork forums
TL;DR Summary: Forces on Elliptical Current Carying Loop

Please consider Current carrying elliptical 1-turn coil as shown in the picture.

Is it true that due to forces from the current , the elliptical shape of the coil will tend to become circular ?

Thank you.

enter image description here

Source:https://www.google.com/search?clien...ih=524&dpr=2#vhid=SVSd8FPtXwfZTM&vssid=mosaic

Physics news on Phys.org
What are your thoughts on this? Are you familiar with the Lorentz Force on the moving electrons in the current loop? And which equation describes the magnetic field generated by the moving current in that loop?

Thanks for Reply. I was expecting answer, not a question to my question though.

DaveE said:
Sounds like a homework problem...
Good point. I'll move it to the schoolwork forums now.

Thanks. Found A lot of Coil in external magnetic field, but nothing about forces from current carrying coil .

Will the loop try to become circle ?

StoyanNikolov said:
Thanks for Reply. I was expecting answer, not a question to my question though.
Whelp, you've been a member of PF long enough to know that we don't spoon-feed answers to folks asking questions here (whether for schoolwork or for other interests). Plus, the questions I asked will help to guide us in the best way to reply to your question. If you have no idea about what I asked, then it will be more challenging to reply. If you can post the Lorentz Force equation and the other equation for the B-field generated by a current, then it will be easy to answer your question (by just reminding you about the Right-Hand-Rule)... :smile:

My question was just will the conductor try to become circle due to current?

Additional explanations are welcome but not mandatory. So Yes or No?

Answear please. Not additional question or stop posting on this topic. Thank you.

• Sad
Likes DaveE
StoyanNikolov said:
Answear please. Not additional question or stop posting on this topic. Thank you.
Okay, I'll stop posting; thread is closed.

Based on your infraction history, I think I know what this question is about and what your hoped application is, and those are not compatible with the PF.

Read the links I posted above, and you will be able to answer your own question about the elliptical loop, and see that it does not help your application.