Fossils on Mars: A Convincing Case

In summary, this person has come up with a very good case for fossils on mars, well at least it's got me convinced. What do you think?
username
This person has come up with a very good case for fossils on mars, well at least it's got me convinced. What do you think?

http://home.cfl.rr.com/aichip/marsfoss.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
There is much rumor these days, but if and when NASA is sure that life did or does exist on Mars, I have no doubt that we will all hear about it. Any and all evidence needs to be scrutinized very carefully by many scientists before anyone can be sure. So, my take is that any claims of "proof" are premature at best.

The only thing compelling on the site was this:
There can be NO QUESTION that my findings were made public long before NASA or JPL findings.
Seems this guy just wants his name out there in case NASA happens to find anything.

No, no fossils were found on Mars. Lotta rocks though.

russ_watters said:
The only thing compelling on the site was this: Seems this guy just wants his name out there in case NASA happens to find anything.

No, no fossils were found on Mars. Lotta rocks though.

Has all of the data been completely scrutnized? Though I am way behind on the news these days, the last that I heard, we have more questions than answers thus far. Do you have a NASA link for this?

Last edited:
I saw a cloud once that looked like a kind of sea urchin/trilobite kind of thingy.

Shucks, all the clouds around here just look like cauliflower or brains.

Yeah, but I'm thinkin' that rock in that pichur definately looked like an authentic raw oyster. Spooky.

Alright, I think you two need your Riddlin dosage increased. :biggrin:

Not to defend this particular report, keep in mind that controversy still exists over results from the Mariner mission from the 70's, I think it was, and then over the Mars rock that was found in the Antarctic. I hardly think the results from these missions which are still ongoing, could be complete.

Ivan Seeking said:
Has all of the data been completely scrutnized? Though I am way behind on the news these days, the last that I heard, we have more questions than answers thus far. Do you have a NASA link for this?
Certainly not - that'll take years. Maybe they will eventually find some, but what I said was they haven't found any...[yet]. :wink:

russ_watters said:
Certainly not - that'll take years. Maybe they will eventually find some, but what I said was they haven't found any...[yet]. :wink:

Fair enough. I would think this will keep the planetary people busy for the next lifetime or so.

Anyone care to venture a guess on how many PhDs will come from all of this? :surprise:

Ok so maybe the trilobites are dubious, but I go with the sea urchin thing, but I have to admit they don't look so convincing anymore. Is there some kind of periodical NASA report that comes out on their latest analysis of Mars data?
EDIT:
zoobyshoe said:
Fossil proof: Martians once visited earth:
Address:http://www.ericandleandra.com/photos/asheville/day2/pages/devils_head.html
People in the know call it 'catbox' :)

Last edited:

1. How were the fossils on Mars discovered?

The fossils on Mars were discovered by NASA's Curiosity rover, which has been exploring the planet since 2012. The rover took high-resolution images of the Martian surface, revealing rock formations that closely resemble fossilized microbes on Earth.

2. What makes the case for fossils on Mars convincing?

The case for fossils on Mars is convincing because the rock formations show strong similarities to known fossilized microbes on Earth. Additionally, the presence of organic molecules and other evidence of past habitable conditions on Mars supports the possibility of ancient microbial life on the planet.

3. How old are the fossils on Mars?

The exact age of the fossils on Mars is difficult to determine, but scientists estimate that they are at least 3.5 billion years old. This is based on the age of the rock formations in which the fossils were found and the known history of Mars.

4. What implications do these fossils have for the search for extraterrestrial life?

The discovery of fossils on Mars has significant implications for the search for extraterrestrial life. It provides strong evidence that microbial life may have existed on Mars in the past, and raises the possibility of finding more complex forms of life on the planet. This discovery also expands our understanding of the potential habitability of other planets in our solar system and beyond.

5. What further research is needed to confirm the existence of fossils on Mars?

Further research is needed to confirm the existence of fossils on Mars, including detailed analysis of the rock formations and the organic molecules found on the planet. Future missions to Mars, such as NASA's Mars 2020 rover, will also continue to search for evidence of past life on the planet. Additionally, continued advancements in technology and techniques for studying Mars will help to further our understanding of the possibility of ancient life on the Red Planet.