Free E-Mail War: Choose the Best Provider for You

• Thread starter basted
  • Start date
In summary, there is currently a heated competition between major companies such as Yahoo, Google, Microsoft, and Mozilla over their free email services. Each company offers different features and storage capacities, with Gmail leading the way with 2.7 GB of space and additional services like chat and web searching. Thunderbird is also a popular option as a client that can download emails from various providers. Overall, the general consensus is that Gmail is the best option due to its spacious storage and useful services, although an invitation is required to create an account. However, some may argue that creating your own mail server is the best option.
basted
The free e-mail war!

A big war happens now between Yahoo, Google, Microsoft, Mozilla and other big companies...

The reason:The free e-mail services.

What e-mail should I choose?
Gmail:It offers the most available space 2.7 GB. You can chat via it search the Web using Google and enjoy your 2.7 free GBs.

YahooMail:It offers 1 GB(or 2 GB by paying).It has numerous useful servises but it's a typical e-mail service.

Hotmail:It used to be the best, but not anymore. It's like Yahoo! but it's offerinf only 250 MB
Thunderbird: It's a useful client. You can download it and have it in your computer. You can have your Yahoo mails or Hotamils or Gmails into it.

Outlook:It's the program of the Windows and the most popular of all, since amateur users don't know anything different.

My personal advice is Gmail. Plenty of room and of course useful services.The only drwback is that only if you're sent an invitation you can have your Gmail account.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Thunderbird and Outlook aren't email servers.

and to take out the drawback of gmail, i offer invitations :biggrin:
i got 100 of them i think, and they regenerate, so i feel generous :tongue2:

just let me know if you want one.

Your own mail server would be option number 3. :smile:

basted said:
A big war happens now between Yahoo, Google, Microsoft, Mozilla and other big companies...

The reason:The free e-mail services.

What e-mail should I choose?
Gmail:It offers the most available space 2.7 GB. You can chat via it search the Web using Google and enjoy your 2.7 free GBs.

YahooMail:It offers 1 GB(or 2 GB by paying).It has numerous useful servises but it's a typical e-mail service.

Hotmail:It used to be the best, but not anymore. It's like Yahoo! but it's offerinf only 250 MB
Thunderbird: It's a useful client. You can download it and have it in your computer. You can have your Yahoo mails or Hotamils or Gmails into it.

Outlook:It's the program of the Windows and the most popular of all, since amateur users don't know anything different.

My personal advice is Gmail. Plenty of room and of course useful services.The only drwback is that only if you're sent an invitation you can have your Gmail account.

I agree, gmail is a lot improved than yahoo or any other email in my view and Its also a lot simpler

1. What is the purpose of a "Free E-Mail War"?

The purpose of a "Free E-Mail War" is to compare and contrast the various free e-mail providers available and determine which one is the best fit for your needs. This can include factors such as storage space, security features, and user-friendly interface.

2. How do I choose the best e-mail provider for me?

To choose the best e-mail provider for you, consider your specific needs and preferences. Do you need a large amount of storage space? Are security features a top priority? Do you prefer a simple or more advanced interface? Research and compare the different options available to determine which one aligns with your needs.

3. Are all free e-mail providers the same?

No, not all free e-mail providers are the same. Each provider offers different features and benefits, so it's important to research and compare them to find the one that best fits your needs.

4. Are there any drawbacks to using a free e-mail provider?

While there are many benefits to using a free e-mail provider, there can also be some drawbacks. These may include limited storage space, lack of advanced features, and potential security risks. It's important to carefully consider these factors when choosing a provider.

5. Can I switch e-mail providers after choosing one?

Yes, you can switch e-mail providers at any time. However, it may require transferring your e-mails and contacts, so it's best to research and carefully choose a provider that meets your needs to avoid having to switch in the future.