Free Math Software: Find Area Under Graphs

In summary, the conversation discusses various free mathematical software options for finding the area under a graph that cannot be integrated using basic skills. Maxima and Octave are recommended, with Maxima having QUADPACK built in and being capable of symbolic integration. The speaker also mentions difficulties with downloading and using these software, and suggests trying wolframalpha.com as an alternative.
bryar
do you guys know any free mathematical software that can help me find the area under a graph which can't be intergarted using just a level skills.

i already checked autograph but it kinda sucks and i looked other forums but didnt find a thing about this.

Physics news on Phys.org
Maxima can do it - it has QUADPACk built in. It also does symbolic integration, and while isn't nearly as good as Mathematica, it is free and may surprise you!

Octave is also a free software package that can do numerical integration. It is like matlab, only less polished.

jason

the thing is i downloaded the maxema and it doesn't seem to work on my computer can i have link please?

and that octav one i couldn't get to draw the graph i have unfortunatly. if u do know how i can get it to draw a trig graph can u tell me ?

thanks mate but how can i get it to find the area under the graph from 0-pi

1. What is "Free Math Software: Find Area Under Graphs"?

"Free Math Software: Find Area Under Graphs" is a computer program designed to help users calculate the area under a graph. It is specifically useful for those who are studying or working in fields related to mathematics, engineering, or data analysis.

2. How does "Free Math Software: Find Area Under Graphs" work?

"Free Math Software: Find Area Under Graphs" works by taking in a user-inputted function or graph and using mathematical algorithms to calculate the area under the curve. It can handle both simple and complex graphs, making it a versatile tool for various applications.

3. Is "Free Math Software: Find Area Under Graphs" accurate?

Yes, "Free Math Software: Find Area Under Graphs" is designed to provide accurate results. However, like any computer program, it is important to input the correct data and understand the limitations of the software to ensure accurate calculations.

4. Can I use "Free Math Software: Find Area Under Graphs" for educational purposes?

Yes, "Free Math Software: Find Area Under Graphs" can be used for educational purposes. It can be a helpful tool for students learning about integration and calculating the area under a curve. However, it is important to use the software as a learning aid and not rely solely on it for understanding the concepts.

5. Is "Free Math Software: Find Area Under Graphs" compatible with all operating systems?

The compatibility of "Free Math Software: Find Area Under Graphs" depends on the specific version and operating system. However, many versions are designed to be compatible with multiple operating systems, including Windows, Mac, and Linux. It is important to check the system requirements before downloading the software.