Advice on books for logic puzzle questions for software engineers

In summary: No !Just to clarify when you say soft skills, you mean software skills?No, soft skills means emotional and social intelligence, skills related to communication with humans. The kind of stuff nerds are not supposed to have.
Taylor_1989
Summary: Advice on books for software engineer logic puzzles for interviews and improve overall skills

I am looking to getting into software engineering, and am having trouble with find the logic puzzle books or websites to prep for interviews. Now of course there lots of logic puzzle type question on the internet, but what I am wondering are there more logic puzzle geared towards software engineering or the fact of the matter is that any logic type puzzle will be good for interview preparation?

Also has anyone recommendations on good logic puzzle books or websites? I have come across brillaint which is okay, but the free version has only limited number of questions. So if anyone has any links or books recommendation it would be much appreciated.

oops I have posted in wrong forum, I ment to put in STEM carers but can't figure how to delete post and post to that forum. Could admin help me move to the correct forum please.

Physics news on Phys.org
You might look at the Euler project. It's fun.

Job interview preparation is a different ball game, though: soft skills are more useful there than a high score on the puzzles ...

Likes Taylor_1989
BvU said:
You might look at the Euler project. It's fun.

Job interview preparation is a different ball game, though: soft skills are more useful there than a high score on the puzzles ...
Ah okay thank you. I never knew about the euler project but the ex do seem to be fun. Just to clarify when you say soft skills, you mean software skills?

Taylor_1989 said:
you mean software skills
No !

Likes Demystifier
Taylor_1989 said:
Just to clarify when you say soft skills, you mean software skills?
Soft skills means emotional and social intelligence, skills related to communication with humans. The kind of stuff nerds are not supposed to have. :oldbiggrin:

Likes Taylor_1989 and dsaun777
Good that we've talked about it :devil:

1. What are some good books for learning logic puzzles for software engineers?

Some good books for learning logic puzzles for software engineers are "Cracking the Coding Interview" by Gayle Laakmann McDowell, "The Art of Computer Programming" by Donald E. Knuth, and "Think Like a Programmer" by V. Anton Spraul.

2. Are there any specific books for logic puzzles that are geared towards software engineers?

Yes, there are books specifically geared towards software engineers such as "Programming Interviews Exposed" by John Mongan, "Elements of Programming Interviews" by Adnan Aziz, and "Algorithms" by Robert Sedgewick and Kevin Wayne.

3. Are there any online resources for learning logic puzzles for software engineers?

Yes, there are many online resources for learning logic puzzles for software engineers. Some popular ones include LeetCode, HackerRank, and CodeWars. These websites offer a variety of logic puzzles and coding challenges to help improve problem-solving skills.

4. Are there any books that cover both logic puzzles and coding challenges for software engineers?

Yes, there are books that cover both logic puzzles and coding challenges for software engineers. Some examples include "Cracking the Tech Career" by Gayle Laakmann McDowell, "Coding Interview Ninja" by Ekim Ouye, and "Programming Pearls" by Jon Bentley.

5. Can learning logic puzzles help improve problem-solving skills for software engineers?

Yes, learning logic puzzles can help improve problem-solving skills for software engineers. Logic puzzles require critical thinking and problem-solving skills, which are essential for software engineers. By practicing logic puzzles, software engineers can improve their ability to break down complex problems and find efficient solutions.