Friedmann equation for protests

In summary, students at Tsinghua University in China are protesting lockdowns by referencing the Friedmann Equation, which states that the universe is in constant and eternal expansion. This can be interpreted as a call for opening up rather than restricting movement. There was also mention of a possible connection to Temple University in Philadelphia, but it is unclear why. Additionally, there is a National Tsing Hua University in Taiwan, but the Tsinghua University in the discussion is located in Beijing and is considered one of the top universities in China.
atyy
Science Advisor
"Tsinghua students, true to form, protesting lockdowns with the Friedmann Equation: the basic reality of the universe is constant, eternal expansion, or put another way, opening up."
FijPewkXwAA40vS.jpg
[Moderator's note: chinese twitter link removed.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes Astronuc
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi, I would like some more information on Tsinghua University. Should we have to thank Temple University, Philadelphia?
Moderator, chinese twitter isn't been removed from my pc, here in Europe.
Greetings!

mcastillo356 said:
Hi, I would like some more information on Tsinghua University. Should we have to thank Temple University, Philadelphia?
Why Temple University?

atyy said:
Why Temple University?
Not right now, but yesterday I found there was some intercampus exchange. Maybe I've mistaken, or spelled the wrong way the University. Taiwan in the past, maybe?

mcastillo356 said:
Not right now, but yesterday I found there was some intercampus exchange. Maybe I've mistaken, or spelled the wrong way the University. Taiwan in the past, maybe?
There's a National Tsing Hua University in Taiwan, but the Tsinghua University in the OP is in the People's Republic of China. Beijing and Tsinghua are often said to be the top universities in China.

• Informative
Likes mcastillo356

1. What is the Friedmann equation for protests?

The Friedmann equation for protests is a mathematical model that describes the evolution of social movements and protests over time. It takes into account factors such as the number of participants, their level of organization, and the response of authorities.

2. How is the Friedmann equation used in studying protests?

The Friedmann equation is used by social scientists to analyze and predict the behavior of protests. By inputting data on various factors, such as the size of the protest, the tactics used, and the response of authorities, the equation can help researchers understand the dynamics of a protest and its potential outcomes.

3. What are the limitations of the Friedmann equation for protests?

Like any mathematical model, the Friedmann equation has its limitations. It may not accurately capture the complexities of real-life protests, as it relies on simplifying assumptions. Additionally, it cannot account for unpredictable events or external factors that may affect the outcome of a protest.

4. Can the Friedmann equation be applied to all types of protests?

The Friedmann equation can be applied to a wide range of protests, from peaceful demonstrations to violent riots. However, the accuracy of its predictions may vary depending on the specific context and dynamics of the protest. It is important to use the equation in conjunction with other research methods and data analysis techniques.

5. How can the Friedmann equation be used to inform policy decisions?

The Friedmann equation can provide valuable insights into the behavior of protests and the effectiveness of different strategies in managing them. By understanding the factors that contribute to the success or failure of a protest, policymakers can make more informed decisions on how to respond to social movements and address the underlying issues that drive them.