Friends"Struggling with Isomerism in Organic Chemistry? Find Help and Tips Here!

• Thread starter Princu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Friends
In summary: D software.In summary, I am having a really hard time understanding steriochemistry because my imagination power is kinda weak.
Princu
Currently,I am studying the topic Isomerism in Organic chemistry and Guess what?.I suck at it. My Imagination power is kinda weak so I am having a really hard time in understanding Steriochemistry.Believe me I really try my best but still unable to fully understand it.
My teacher doesn't use any molecular models while explaining the topics.I don't even know how other students understand it while I just sit there wondering what is going on.
This topic holds quite a weightage in the entrance exams for which I am preparing right now.
Sometimes ,I get so frustated with myself that I stat pulling my hair and punching myself in the face.

There is a cut throat competiton in our study centre.Almost all of my classmates are selfish who won't help me.I am too shy to approach my teacher.He will perhaps laugh on my stupidness.
I don't know what to do.Please help me

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hey man you posted in wrong forum ssection.
There are many video on youtube.You can watch it.
Also never feel shy to talk to teachers.

Last edited:
Well you've defined a multi-faceted problem:
- desire to visualize te material
- weak imagination
- lack of teacher visualization aids
- pressure to do well to succeed at entrance exam
- frustration with yourself and with other students
- super competitive environment
- fear of looking stupid to the teacher and fellow students

I'd attack it first by realizing you need to learn the topic for the sake of learning. Forget the pressures of an entrance exam, fellow students or the teachers ability to teach.

Having said that its best that you talk to your teacher immediately and impress on him/her your passion of trying to learn this topic. Ask what you could do to overcome your weaknesses and learn the topic?

A teachers mission is to help students who want to succeed actually succeed. Don't vent your frustrations on the teacher ask the teacher for help on each piece you're having trouble with. Ask the teacher for books/tutorials that can help you? and then dive in and read or listen to the stuff the teacher suggested.

Now remember your reticence has held you back so far and that it may be too late to recover from it but that shouldn't stop you from making a real effort to learn the material. You might even be able to help your fellow students understand things better too and in the collaboration raise each others grades.

Right thinking here is a positive attitude in the face of adversity.

jedishrfu said:
Well you've defined a multi-faceted problem:
- desire to visualize te material
- weak imagination
- lack of teacher visualization aids
- pressure to do well to succeed at entrance exam
- frustration with yourself and with other students
- super competitive environment
- fear of looking stupid to the teacher and fellow students

I'd attack it first by realizing you need to learn the topic for the sake of learning. Forget the pressures of an entrance exam, fellow students or the teachers ability to teach.

Having said that its best that you talk to your teacher immediately and impress on him/her your passion of trying to learn this topic. Ask what you could do to overcome your weaknesses and learn the topic?

A teachers mission is to help students who want to succeed actually succeed. Don't vent your frustrations on the teacher ask the teacher for help on each piece you're having trouble with. Ask the teacher for books/tutorials that can help you? and then dive in and read or listen to the stuff the teacher suggested.

Now remember your reticence has held you back so far and that it may be too late to recover from it but that shouldn't stop you from making a real effort to learn the material. You might even be able to help your fellow students understand things better too and in the collaboration raise each others grades.

Right thinking here is a positive attitude in the face of adversity.

Thank you writing out such a thoughtful post.By watching the youtube videos,I have understood conformational isomerism by myself.But the main problem is configurational isomerism.Especially the questions which ask which molecule has which axis of rotation(C-1 or C-2 or C-3..)?.How many planes are passing through this molecule?It really makes my mind go blank.I just need a model kit but its too expensive in my area.My Chemistry teacher doesn't have it.Probably I will ask for help but the hope of outcomes are less?

Perhaps you could use pipecleaners to simulate the models. They come in a variety of colors. Other possible ideas would be to use paper models like what Linus Pauling used when he made his Nobel Prize winning discovery (search google linus pauling paper model)

Last edited:
jedishrfu said:
Perhaps you could use pipecleaners to simulate the models. They come in a variety of colors. Other possible ideas would be to use paper models like what Linus Pauling used when he made his Nobel Prize winning discovery (search google linus pauling paper model)

Pipecleaners, or maybe just wires? Models don't have to be store-bought.

1. What does "Please help me out Friends" mean?

"Please help me out Friends" is a request for assistance from a group of friends. It could be asking for advice, support, or help with a task or problem.

2. Who is asking for help in "Please help me out Friends"?

The phrase "Please help me out Friends" can be spoken by anyone who is in need of assistance from their friends. It could be a friend reaching out to their group for help, or someone in a difficult situation asking for support from their friends.

3. How do I respond to "Please help me out Friends"?

The best way to respond to "Please help me out Friends" is to offer your support and ask how you can help. You can also provide advice or suggestions if you have any. It's important to listen to the person's needs and be there for them in whatever way they need.

4. Is it okay to ask for help from friends?

Yes, it is absolutely okay to ask for help from friends. Friends are often our closest and most trusted support system, and it is natural to turn to them in times of need. It's important to have open communication with your friends and feel comfortable asking for their help when you need it.

5. What can I do to help a friend who asks for help in "Please help me out Friends"?

First and foremost, listen to your friend and offer your support. Ask how you can help and be there for them in whatever way they need. You can also offer advice or suggestions if you have any. It's important to be understanding and non-judgmental when a friend asks for help.