From Biochemistry to Quantum Mechanics: A Scientist's Journey

• Thread starter Thomas Michael
  • Start date
In summary, a scientist's journey from biochemistry to quantum mechanics involves a deep understanding of the fundamental building blocks of life and matter. By studying the chemical and physical processes that govern these systems, a scientist can bridge the gap between the microscopic world of molecules and the mind-boggling realm of quantum mechanics. This journey involves curiosity, dedication, and a constant pursuit of knowledge and understanding. From exploring the complex structures of DNA to unlocking the mysteries of subatomic particles, a scientist's journey through these fields is one of constant discovery and innovation.
Thomas Michael
How did you find PF?
Google search
Hello, physics forums.

My educational background is in biochemistry, but I love most things science (I'm also a bit of a history and philosophy buff, so just all around nerd, I guess). My highest degree is a Masters, due to having to drop out from a PhD program due to mental health and substance abuse issues.

After getting help, I got a job as a math and chemistry tutor at a local university, and then COVID took a dump all over that, too. To keep my sanity I have been making science videos on Youtube - the biochemistry of nutrition and some simple quantum mechanics stuff. I thought I'd come here and maybe continue scratching that science itch while stuck at home.

Anyway, just thought I'd drop a quick hello. I look forward to interacting with everyone.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums, Thomas. Great to have you here. :smile:

Likes Thomas Michael