Fuel cell stack model in femlab 3.1

In summary, the speaker is learning Femlab 3.1 and is using a set of books as a model library. However, they are facing difficulties with 3D modeling, specifically with the fuel cell stack model. Despite following all instructions and double checking conditions and geometry, the solver is unable to solve due to a discrepancy in the number of elements. Additionally, there is an issue with unioning an array as instructed in the book. The speaker is seeking help as they are unable to make progress.
ssahil
i am learning femlab 3.1...so following the model library given with the set of books..
but i am facing problems with the 3 d modelling..
as in case of fuel cell stack model..the solver is unable to solve even if all the steps are followed according to given instructions..
i have double checked the conditions and geometry and evrything is fine and matches the inbuilt model...
so i think the problem is with the number of elements which i am getting a hundred(approx)
more than the inbuilt one..
also there is a problem in a step where the book says to union the array but the software is unable to make the union..
pllz someone help..

Engineering news on Phys.org
someone please help...as i am unable to do anything... :(

1. What is a fuel cell stack model?

A fuel cell stack model is a mathematical representation of a fuel cell stack, which is a device that converts chemical energy from a fuel into electricity through an electrochemical reaction. The model simulates the physical and chemical processes that occur within the fuel cell stack.

2. What is Femlab 3.1?

Femlab 3.1 is a finite element analysis software developed by COMSOL, Inc. It allows for the simulation and analysis of various physical systems, including fuel cell stacks. It uses a numerical method called finite element analysis to solve complex mathematical equations and provide detailed results.

3. What are the benefits of using a fuel cell stack model in Femlab 3.1?

Using a fuel cell stack model in Femlab 3.1 allows for a better understanding of the fuel cell stack's performance and behavior. It also allows for optimization of the design and operating conditions, which can improve efficiency and reduce costs. Additionally, the model can provide valuable insights into the electrochemical reactions and processes occurring within the fuel cell stack.

4. How accurate is the fuel cell stack model in Femlab 3.1?

The accuracy of the fuel cell stack model in Femlab 3.1 depends on the input parameters and assumptions made during the simulation. However, Femlab 3.1 is a widely used and trusted software in the scientific community, and its results are often compared to experimental data for validation.

5. Can the fuel cell stack model in Femlab 3.1 be used for different types of fuel cells?

Yes, the fuel cell stack model in Femlab 3.1 can be used for various types of fuel cells, including proton exchange membrane (PEM), solid oxide (SOFC), and molten carbonate (MCFC) fuel cells. However, the model may need to be adjusted accordingly to account for the different electrochemical reactions and operating conditions of each type of fuel cell.