Genius (TV Series on Einstein)

In summary, the conversation was about a biographical drama on Einstein's life. One person had watched it and found it quite good, while another preferred a different version that aired on NOVA. The conversation also touched on some interesting facts from Einstein's life, such as his initial struggle for recognition and his collaboration with David Bohm.
Auto-Didact
I just finished watching this biographical drama on Einstein's life. I found it quite good. Has anyone else here seen it?

Physics news on Phys.org
I watched some and while I liked it preferred the ones that aired on NOVA. There was less drama involved.

The one thing I remember about Einstein’s story was that after he published he had to wait quite some time like a couple of years before people started to notice what he had theorized.

Likes Auto-Didact
Haven't seen the other one. I really liked the historical context this one offered, I'm a big fan of WW2 era history. I learned some very interesting facts, which I never knew before.

For instance, that David Bohm worked directly with Einstein, with Einstein even converting to Bohmian Mechanics! Did that really happen? (@Demystifier?)

Nor did I know that J. Edgar Hoover tried to ruin Einstein et al., leading to Bohm being forced to leave the US for having been a communist.

What is "Genius" about?

"Genius" is a TV series that follows the life and work of famous physicist Albert Einstein. It explores his personal relationships, struggles, and scientific discoveries that shaped the modern world.

Who is the star of "Genius"?

The main character of "Genius" is portrayed by actor Geoffrey Rush, who plays Albert Einstein at different stages of his life. Other notable actors in the series include Emily Watson, Johnny Flynn, and Samantha Colley.

Is "Genius" historically accurate?

While the series takes some creative liberties, it is based on the book "Einstein: His Life and Universe" by Walter Isaacson and has been reviewed by experts for accuracy. However, some events and characters may have been dramatized for entertainment purposes.

How many seasons of "Genius" are there?

As of 2021, there are three seasons of "Genius" with each focusing on a different historical figure. Season 1 follows Albert Einstein, season 2 focuses on Pablo Picasso, and season 3 explores the life of Aretha Franklin.

Where can I watch "Genius"?

"Genius" is available for streaming on the National Geographic website and app, as well as on Hulu and Disney+. It may also be available for purchase or rental on other streaming platforms such as Amazon Prime Video or iTunes.